Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: I simply cannot do it anymore

I simply cannot do it anymore 3 years 4 months ago #40036

• Morgenstern72
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
why shouldn't as be as easy as enterting my data once updatng the file and never having to worry about that data eveeer again unless i want to add some info to it... wy shouldn't i have that option

+1

Please also think about if you want to do real deletes of pages in your version. I have invested many hours in deleting all kind of pages (fan letters, ads...) in hundreds of comics on CRA just to be informed afterwards that there is no way to really delete this pages since I did not use the sync option but jost copied the cbz's on my tablet. This really got me in a very sad mood since I do not see one reason why CRA would allow you to "delete" pages while fully knowing that it does not delete anything (it just marks it) and that all changes will be lost. It could just disable these options if the files were not synced or, much getter, just has an option like "delete all pages marked for deletion".
Proud owner of ComicRack for Windows (Donation) and Android (Full Version)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I simply cannot do it anymore 3 years 4 months ago #40037

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Morgenstern72 wrote:
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
why shouldn't as be as easy as enterting my data once updatng the file and never having to worry about that data eveeer again unless i want to add some info to it... wy shouldn't i have that option

+1

Please also think about if you want to do real deletes of pages in your version. I have invested many hours in deleting all kind of pages (fan letters, ads...) in hundreds of comics on CRA just to be informed afterwards that there is no way to really delete this pages since I did not use the sync option but jost copied the cbz's on my tablet. This really got me in a very sad mood since I do not see one reason why CRA would allow you to "delete" pages while fully knowing that it does not delete anything (it just marks it) and that all changes will be lost. It could just disable these options if the files were not synced or, much getter, just has an option like "delete all pages marked for deletion".

if you do a "export to cbz" deleted pages are removed rather than marked. My version won't be much different since if the file is not truly modified (remade from pertinent info) then no deletion can occur.

When making changes on mobile if you're modifying files that are synched, this info (deleted pages) are swappped back and forth between the local and mobile libraries and after synching a "convert to cbz" will actually remove the deleted pages. If your not synching there's no way to make sure the local (PC) files. I will enable the ability to (actually) delete pages on mobile, but only on files that are not synched. And the responsibility for making sure the files replace the PC files is left on the user in that case.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.

I simply cannot do it anymore 3 years 4 months ago #40046

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
+1 for beta testing on Windows/Linux/Android

really looking forward to a usable Linux Manager
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

I simply cannot do it anymore 3 years 4 months ago #40128

• kopite
  • Fresh Boarder
IS the whole system being written in Python?

HAve you got a git repo up and running that people can contribute to? I'd be interested in helping if I can. I'm a python developer so have some knowledge :D

I simply cannot do it anymore 3 years 4 months ago #40129

• Morgenstern72
  • Senior Boarder
I would like to participate as a beta tester too if you need more.
I cannot code python, but I have a long history of programming and scripting over the years and I am a Sysadmin, so I should be able to uderstand to troubleshoot :)

I simply cannot do it anymore 3 years 4 months ago #40130

• Morgenstern72
  • Senior Boarder
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
if you do a "export to cbz" deleted pages are removed rather than marked. My version won't be much different since if the file is not truly modified (remade from pertinent info) then no deletion can occur.
Only if you did sync them before. If you copied them you can still "delete" in CRA but there is no way that CRW will recognize that.

T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
I will enable the ability to (actually) delete pages on mobile, but only on files that are not synched. And the responsibility for making sure the files replace the PC files is left on the user in that case.

Great, thx :)
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Morgenstern72.

I simply cannot do it anymore 3 years 4 months ago #40134

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
kopite wrote:
IS the whole system being written in Python?

HAve you got a git repo up and running that people can contribute to? I'd be interested in helping if I can. I'm a python developer so have some knowledge :D

it's being written in c# (mono for linux/mac) with ironpython scripting (minimal changes needed to comicrack ironpython scripts to get them running - mostly to api calls from comicrack will need to be re-directed to gumm (GH057 Universal Media Manager) And there won't be a public repo until the Comic Module is in a state near working. The Movie and TV Modules are near complete but only because i've been working with them privately for a year in a near complete state (they are very useable at the moment and all that's left to them is allowing metadata to be written to files where applicable).

However, I'd love to have another head on the project, someone pretty well versed in c# and media-minded applications.

I do have to point out that there will be a deviance from comicrack in that there will be the ability seriesgroup/series/volume info stored to database and to disk - for instance Spiderman Will have a SeriesGroup Page (That is a summary of Spider-Man in group), A Series for each Series Name in the Group (and a Volume Page for each Volume in a series), these will be connected respectively by the corresponding info. When you a open a book that is of the SeriesGroup "Spider-Man" it will find the SeriesGroup "Spider-man" and any editing done on that page will be changed across the entire "Spider-Man" series group. Series will apply to all series with the given name as a series. And Volume will need to match "Series" and "Volume" for it's summary page. If SeriesGroup or Series or Volume are edited in the Detail Pages, the Deteails Pages For SeriesGroup Info, Series Info, and Volume Info will reconect to the appropriate info if applicable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview, Gantz

I simply cannot do it anymore 3 years 4 months ago #40136

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
The Movie and TV Modules are near complete but only because i've been working with them privately for a year in a near complete state (they are very useable at the moment and all that's left to them is allowing metadata to be written to files where applicable).
I like the movie and TV modules as well. Will these files be managed similarly to the way MediaMonkey manages video content? Will you also be able to view the content directly from the management app and create video playlists?
I'm really looking forward to this. :)

I simply cannot do it anymore 3 years 4 months ago #40145

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
I'm interested in this as well and would be willing to give it a try when a beta is available.

I can also probably import any of my scripts that the community wants me to.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Stonepaw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview

I simply cannot do it anymore 3 years 4 months ago #40151

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
oraclexview wrote:
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
The Movie and TV Modules are near complete but only because i've been working with them privately for a year in a near complete state (they are very useable at the moment and all that's left to them is allowing metadata to be written to files where applicable).
I like the movie and TV modules as well. Will these files be managed similarly to the way MediaMonkey manages video content? Will you also be able to view the content directly from the management app and create video playlists?
I'm really looking forward to this. :)

MediaMonkey was my inspiration in creating GUMM, so expect a strong similarity. Initially the app will only externally launch media. But eventually media viewing/playing options will be incorporated into the app. Playlist creation (including comics) will be available and playlists will be synch-able to mobile devices.

I also plan to create an external comic reader that incorporates comic metadata.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

Who's Online

We have 249 guests and 3 members online