Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: I simply cannot do it anymore

I simply cannot do it anymore 8 months 4 days ago #47145

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
boshuda wrote:
Dude, check out Open QT. The QT toolkit is free for open source and is cross-platform to Linux, Windows, and Mac with tools for Android and iPhone development. There are hooks for database development, touch screens, and general UI. It's actually pretty slick and performance should be acceptable. There's also a couple of Python wrappers for it, if you're more comfortable with Python than C++.

The application language isn't the problem. Both QT and GTK are a mess when it comes to getting things done. WinForms is probably the only thing Microsoft ever got right as the way things are done is pretty clearly understandable. Unfortunately I am of limited intelligence (not putting myself down just knowing my limitations) and the extreme complexities and lack of tutorials that are willing to hold the bike until I'm ready for a solo ride, bars me from entrance to QT and GTK programming.

in WinForms I can understand how to get complex things done without having to backtrack what this and that does (thanks to clearly understandable hierarchy and intellisense). in t the linux toolkits I have to almost learn a new language to interpret the programming language. I'm an old dog and learning new tricks is hardand slow for me, only reason I'm doing this is because noone else is, and because the creater of what would be a perfect program if he wouldn't be so closed minded to give the user options for storing ALL metadata in the file (like almost every damned metadata container out there), refuses to move beyond his own vision of what should be and move towards what users want (and is quite easily doable). So I have to reinvent the wheel just to fix a flat in order to get the vehicle back on the road. And since I use a mix of Linux, Android and Windows in my life cross-compatibility is a must.
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by T3KN0Gh057.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: khaoohs

I simply cannot do it anymore 6 months 4 weeks ago #47316

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Just showing my support and asking for updates...

Everyday this (or other) solution seems more and more necessary
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: khaoohs
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Who's Online

We have 193 guests and 3 members online