Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: File compression

File compression 3 years 4 months ago #39992

• nono
  • Fresh Boarder
Could someone explain me why I have to compress my files first to use this program? You force me to an other way of storing my files and I don't really like that.
The software is alrdy able to read picture formats like PNG, JPG or GIF but only when they are stored in an archive and not on a filesystem. I mean when I'm reading this I think that this way is just a waste of ressource.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

File compression 3 years 4 months ago #39993

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
An archive doesn't require you to use any compression at all. Even newer versions of windows recognize it as being a Folder.

File compression 3 years 4 months ago #39995

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
This has been discussed/requested time and again.

The response is that this is by design, and it's a choice by cYo. Most digital comics come in archived format, and that's what the software was designed to handle.
cYo has stated over and over that he doesn't want to turn ComicRack into an image viewer, and it looks like that's how it's going to stay.
It seems like most of the complaints about this come from people who read manga, which is sometimes found as image files inside a folder.

I'm pretty sure someone mentioned a quick way to batch convert these folders to uncompressed .zip files (and rename them to .cbz). And yes, I know that doesn't solve the issue, but it looks like that's the only way to use ComicRack.
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds

Who's Online

We have 288 guests and 5 members online