Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: ComicRack Alternatives?

ComicRack Alternatives? 2 years 9 months ago #41766

• StoneRyno
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Oh I see I thought the rooting in your case was for something other than getting google play installed. I was of the impression the google stuff could be sideloaded without root. In that case it is a matter of what you do with the tablet for what OS you choose. Keeping in mind any other things you may do with it that may need root in case you go android or iOS and if you want to deal with rooting or not. After my recent experience with a clean install of windows on my tablet I think this sync thing might be worth it for me. That way I can have comicrack on my PC and sync the info back to it as a backup. I had to spend about 3 hours marking every comic I read as read again.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicRack Alternatives? 2 years 9 months ago #41770

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Just Bill wrote:
startreksteve wrote:
I've never used the ComicRack sync function. I stick around 10 GB of new comics in the cloud then use an Android app called Dropsync which syncs the cloud storage to the Android tablet, as well as downloading new comics from the Cloud, it sends back read comics to the cloud where they are synced back to my Linux PC to be archived to DVD. Works very well.

Steve

Sounds interesting. Is there a way to use it with a NAS or maybe even just a computer directly instead of involving off-site storage?

And btw, why don't you use the sync functionality?

Yes, you can sync with any device on your network, I use Dropbox as I download comics a lot at work and sync them to my tablet that way.

I dont run Windows Im on Ubuntu Linux so cant run the Windows Comicrack, I only use Android.

Steve
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by startreksteve.

ComicRack Alternatives? 2 years 8 months ago #41900

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Just Bill wrote:
startreksteve wrote:
I've never used the ComicRack sync function. I stick around 10 GB of new comics in the cloud then use an Android app called Dropsync which syncs the cloud storage to the Android tablet, as well as downloading new comics from the Cloud, it sends back read comics to the cloud where they are synced back to my Linux PC to be archived to DVD. Works very well.

Steve

Sounds interesting. Is there a way to use it with a NAS or maybe even just a computer directly instead of involving off-site storage?

And btw, why don't you use the sync functionality? It's quite nice to be able to sync wirelessly and pass your ratings and read percentages back to the main app... that is if that stuff is important to you. I'm currently attempting to get digital copies of my entire collection and read them chronologically so it's incredibly helpful to have this information going back and forth, plus the scraped info, etc.

You can sync to any device accessible on the network your device is connected to... I use the cloud because I download a lot of comics at work and sync them back home with Dropbox.

I dont use the Comicrack sync because Im on Linux, and dont even have the windows app installed, I use only the Android app.

Steve
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Who's Online

We have 225 guests and 4 members online