Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Sync not working again.... sometimes....

Sync not working again.... sometimes.... 2 years 3 months ago #42600

• graphite
  • Fresh Boarder
Using CR on windows 8.1 and android (cyanogenmod 12.1 on a GS4). Sync devices used to work pretty consistently on my tablet but since that fell off my desk and smashed the screen to pieces I've been using my phone to read until thats fixed or replaced.
Problem is I've been able to pair the phone and it worked the first few times but since then it just cant find the phone anymore.

Ive unpaired and re-paired it.
I've uninstalled both apps and reinstalled.
I've pointed the preferences file to the phones ip address.
I've turned off the firewall.
It seems to randomly find it every now and then (about once every 2 weeks or so.) but cant find it the other times..

Anyone have any ideas?

I love this program and there dont seem to be any alternatives but I cant really use it without this function working.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sync not working again.... sometimes.... 2 years 3 months ago #42623

• Alpharm
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
If you haven't done it, next time your phone is connected to your wireless network, go into the router settings and set whatever IP your phone is on to a static address. This way it will always connect to that IP address.

Then, try to repair or add that static IP to the preferences.

Sync not working again.... sometimes.... 2 years 3 months ago #42682

• graphite
  • Fresh Boarder
Well I've discovered that my router has 2 channels, wifi and wifi-5g. When connected to the 5g channel sync doesn't work, when on the regular channel it does. No idea why.. They've both worked for everything else but it does seem to be the root of the problem for me anyway.

Sync not working again.... sometimes.... 2 years 3 months ago #42687

• Alpharm
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
In that case, the phone/tablet has to be on the same SSID as the computer running the ComicRack server.

I solved this by just running a Powerline Adapter and connecting my laptop to the router by Ethernet. Setting the laptop as a static IP in the router. Now, I can connect to it regardless of the 2.4ghz/5ghz SSID I connect to, plus I can connect through VPN from outside.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Who's Online

We have 166 guests and 3 members online