Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Crash ate all my files.

Crash ate all my files. 2 years 3 months ago #42745

• sykoone
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Three days ago I had a massive system failure. End result: I lost two 2TB drives containing all my collection. I've run recovery software, but every single file has come out corrupt. Does anyone have any ideas, or should I just plan on restarting from scratch? At this point, all I have is half of my database from an old backup.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Crash ate all my files. 2 years 3 months ago #42748

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Sorry for the loss of your collection. As far as recovering the individual comics, I believe that is something you might have to figure out with your drives. Since they are archive files, I'd attempt to open them with with those as well as whatever recovery software you are using. They might be able to recompile the archive with only a few missing images. If you are able to recover the database file, at least you would have a starting point for what your collection had as well as read status. If using the same naming convention, you would be able to see what was truly lost.

Crash ate all my files. 2 years 3 months ago #42754

• sykoone
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Several hours and much sadness later, it's a total loss. I managed to get some of the files repaired and opened, but the images inside were a total mess. Easier to start over than wade through the rest. At least my organization is still intact. Like you said, I've got a road map to replacement.
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Who's Online

We have 232 guests and 4 members online