Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: So whats everyone been reading?

So whats everyone been reading? 1 year 10 months ago #44474

• jaydenv
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm currently reading all things Valiant
The administrator has disabled public write access.

So whats everyone been reading? 1 year 10 months ago #44476

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
Well I am still working on reading all of Marvel Now! Which clearly makes me crazy, but at least it has come to an end now so the pile is rapidly diminishing and the end is in sight.

There has been a lot of buzz around Valiant, but I have not read a single issue, what is the lowdown? Why is it scratching your comics itch and what had you been reading beforehand? What are the stand out series? I have Ivar Timewalker in my to-read list, about which I have heard nothing but good things. If a few people were interested it could potentially be somthing to revive the reading club for the new year.

So whats everyone been reading? 1 year 10 months ago #44486

• jaydenv
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I'd been reading a lot of everything beforehand (DC, Marvel, Image, Darkhorse Etc) I enjoyed them all but jeeze valiant just makes me feel like a kid reading a comic for the first time

Ivar Timewalker is a great read! but you should probably add Archer and Armstrong and Eternal warrior to that list as it helps with understanding the character

So whats everyone been reading? 1 year 8 months ago #44770

• Skullberry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Big Man Plans.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

The story takes place mostly in the 60's and 70's It involves a dwarf (I can't help but imagine Peter Dinklage if they ever do a movie.) who has had a real crappy life. Essentially it's a well done revenge tale with the odd twist of the protagonist being a dwarf with rage issues and combat skills. Not for the squeamish. From the team that brought you The Goon.

Birthright.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Take "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe", "Conan", "The Matrix" and "Midnight Run"...throw them in a blender and you get Birthright. Best way I can describe it without spoiling anything. Really cool.
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Who's Online

We have 176 guests and 4 members online