Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Trade paperback extra metadata.

Trade paperback extra metadata. 1 year 8 months ago #44771

• Skullberry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok, so ya know how sometimes scanners add in just the extra bits (sketchbooks, liner notes, rough pencils...that kind of thing.)of a trade paperback? How do you guys handle the metadata when the scraper scrapes them. I just skip them . This leaves a bunch of unscraped odds and ends. What do you guys do? I've been thinking of going back and adding my own or something...not sure.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Trade paperback extra metadata. 1 year 8 months ago #45027

• romsnesrom
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I prefer to collect single issues instead of TPBs. When the TPBs have extra content like epilogues or other original comics (YMMV, you may like scripts or rough pencils, but the process is the same) I delete everything but that content and use the metadata from the TPB, marking in a field and in the filename "extras only".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skullberry

Trade paperback extra metadata. 1 year 8 months ago #45053

• Skullberry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
That works great, didn't even occur to me to scrape for the normal data from the parent TPB. Duh. In the upper right hand corner I figured out that you can type in your own format and it will save it as an option. So the scrape has the normal info for the TPB and the format reads as "TPB Extras Only".

Perfect, thanks.
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Who's Online

We have 288 guests and 5 members online