Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Logos

Logos 1 year 5 months ago #45521

• nuace0093
  • Fresh Boarder
This is inconsequential but please humor my question. So now that DC has changed their logo, when scraping books will the new logo appear in tile view or will the one that came out during the New 52 still appear? Are the logos based on comicrack or whats scarped form comicvine?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Logos 1 year 5 months ago #45522

• Skullberry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm actually messing with icons now as well. I haven't gotten to my dc or marvel folder yet. Working on image, dark horse and other smaller publisher folders before I tackle the biggies. The publisher (or imprint) logo after scraping will depend on what logos are stored in your icons folder. Not sure what the standard logo for dc is that's pre loaded. You can always find more in the icons section of the forum or make your own. I just made some for Extreme Studios (Image) and the old Malibu logo from the early 90's. As far as which one will pop up after scraping if you load more than one logo for a publisher? I've been wondering that myself. I think that has something to do with how the icons are named in your icons folder. I downloaded a dc icon that was named "dc (19**-2011).

Or something like that. Not sure if the scraper will put in the correct logo based on scraped date.

Program files/comicrack/resources/icons.

Has to be a 64x64 png file. Easy to make if you can't find them.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Skullberry.

Logos 1 year 5 months ago #45525

• nuace0093
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks that explains it.

Logos 1 year 5 months ago #45528

• nuace0093
  • Fresh Boarder
A quick question I want to put the new DC logo into the publisher icons rar. However my question is can I name the new logo image so that it doesn't start just by year but also by month and day? Could I name the logos like this and would it work?

Old CR Icon:
DC Comics(2011-2050)#DC(2011-2050).png

Rename:
DC Comics(2011-5-24-2016)#DC(2011-5-24-2016).png

New:
DC Comics(5-25-2016-2050)#DC(5-25-2016-2050)

If not how should I name them?

Logos 1 year 4 months ago #45879

• wmwadeii
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I asked in the forum where new logos were posted and never got a response. I have personally never found a way to do it by month and basically have the logo for the entire year it changed.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Who's Online

We have 211 guests and 5 members online