Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: ComicVine Scraper and Marvel Star Wars Dark Horse Reprints

ComicVine Scraper and Marvel Star Wars Dark Horse Reprints 1 year 5 months ago #45591

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
So what is the deal with the Marvel reprints of Dark Horse Star Wars content? Since this does not seem to be on ComicVine are people scraping them as the Dark Horse publications and then changing the Publisher?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicVine Scraper and Marvel Star Wars Dark Horse Reprints 1 year 5 months ago #45594

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
In general reprints are not given a specific entry on Comic Vine, (you will find some but it has always been inconsistent because it is crowdsourced) so you either need to scrape them and then edit the info or stick with Comic Vine's way of looking at things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FPMPlay

ComicVine Scraper and Marvel Star Wars Dark Horse Reprints 1 year 5 months ago #45601

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Thanks for that clarification. I was holding on my scrape until I figured that out. I guess I will proceed and then just change the publisher so I know they are the Marvel reprints.

ComicVine Scraper and Marvel Star Wars Dark Horse Reprints 1 year 5 months ago #45631

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
There are reprinted books in ComicVine, but not many as jkthemac as stated. Getting more of them in there depends on how badly users want them in there. If you don't see a book in ComicVine, you can submit it into the system yourself. That is what I have done when I don't see a book that I have in the database yet. That way, others later on can benefit from me adding it.

Remember, ComicVine is community based just like ComicRack. We all get out of it what we all put into it. Thus, if you have the time, it would be great if you'd submit from time to time some of those books that aren't in there to ComicVine...including reprints. What I usually do if I submit a reprint issue or an original issue that has a reprint is also include a link to the original if I'm adding a reprint, or a link to a known reprint if I'm adding the original. It's up to you though my friend on how you chose to approach it.
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Who's Online

We have 271 guests and 3 members online