General discussion about ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tags Tags Tags.

Tags Tags Tags. 1 year 5 months ago #45642

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
oraclexview wrote:

I don't know if smartlist now take Custom fields into account as well, yet if they do, then it's sky the limits because you can just create a Custom field that tracks the reading order just the way you want if the above method isn't good enough.
There are a lot of existing fields that can help you achieve what you want.

Sure, Smart Lists based on Custom fields are my bread and butter when it comes to events and chronologies.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tags Tags Tags. 1 year 5 months ago #45646

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
It's funny to see so much movement in this topic, as I have spent my last 48 hours programming a tagging script XD (I am currently in a between jobs, between studies moments in my life and have a lot of free time while I reorder my life u.u)

As I said before, I never gave much importance to tags in comicrack before, but because of this topic (and some other projects I have been tinkering with) Yesterday I decided to give it a try and use it for an scrip I was working in...

I have been working since a few months ago in a script that make me a graph of characters relationships using comicrack comics data (more exactly characters in each comic), with fuistrating mixed results... Suddenly I realised that knowing which characters in a comic were important or protagonists and which not was very useful, data I don't have per se... But that I could guess analysing data in comics of the same volume and comparing it. I was planning in making the script to save the results in Main Charactet or Team (a field I never used before), but then I realised this is a single text field, and not a multi text field (as characters, or teams), which was what I needed... But Tags was multivalues... So I began using that

48 later I have written more than 500 lines of code which not only tag main characters in each book, but main teams, characters and teams that are temporary stable in a story, characters that use to appear during the series... And I am planning to add a lot of other automatic taggs in the future (while I continue learning python XD)

Btw, I am planning on making an script to save unsaved data in comic files (tags, main char, custom values, and all other fields that are not saved by comicrack). I have not started on the code yet, but I have investigated all the data I needed and I have a pretty good idea of how to do it. Perhaps tomorrow I begin coding it (my idea is to make this script public, so I will try to make it more "user friendly", and not as the autotagger that I think nobody would find it useful but me xD)
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Xelloss.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Who's Online

We have 273 guests and 5 members online