Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Comic Rack can't handle it

Comic Rack can't handle it 1 year 3 months ago #45895

So I made an omnibus version of fairy tail manga that consisted of 235 issue and they came in zip file. Like any smart computer wiz I quickly changed it to cbz format and I went to add it to my comic rack library. But wait. Why do that when I haven't even had a look at the book yet. I've read the manga but you never know. Anyways the file was about 1.7 gb and I opened it up in comicrack ready to tear right through this story. But... Oh no. It crashes. No biggie, I just exit out of it properly and restart it and open up my fairy tail omnibus up again. It crashes again. This pisses me off so I download another comic book reader only to find out that it doesn't work either. So now ComicRack isn't the The best Comic Reader in the World. I mean. If it couldn't open up my file and other readers couldn't either what stands it from the rest
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Rack can't handle it 1 year 3 months ago #45896

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
I'm trying to decipher your wording. You had 1 zip file that was 1.7gb that included 235 issues. Before you attempt to import this into ComicRack, might I suggest you open it. You might find inside the original zip is smaller zips or folders for the individual issues. These are the ones that need to be turned into CBZ. 1 issue per CBZ. I don't think you will find anyone that will attempt to turn an entire series into one file.

As far as the program crashing. That is a separate issue unless it is only happening with that one file. From what you said, you didn't attempt other comics. But that one 1.7gb Manga file crashed with multiple players. That to me says again, you need to open up the zip and verify it before attempting to read it in a player. Just Extract it. After extracting, you should have folders for the issues and .JPG image files that can be viewed by windows.

If that doesn't work.... It's the file. Bad Download. Comic Rack is still the best Comic Book Organizer available.

Comic Rack can't handle it 1 year 3 months ago #45898

No No No. You don't understand. When you have a .zip file you can change the extension to .cbr or .cbz. When you do that your good to go. So I unpacked about 230 manga chapters then compressed them all to one .zip file. Then I changed the .zip file to .cbz and I opened it in my comicrack application only to find that it does not work. The file is to big which isn't that big of a problem I guess.. As long as I can sync it to my tablet. If I can't I will just have to say that ComicRack isn't the best Comic Reader in the world.

Comic Rack can't handle it 1 year 3 months ago #45899

• Dom
  • Fresh Boarder
I think he understands, he is just telling you to make sure the archive you created is clean.

1.7GB single file is fine to open but it's going to use your system resources as you do so, if you are using a calculator with 2GB ram you might have a bad time, if you are using windows xp or vista you might have a bad time. If you used maximum compression when creating the large archive file you might have a worse time than if you just used store.

I don't know how you plan on syncing it to your tablet if you can't even open it on presumably a PC.
But good luck "smart computer wiz"!

Comic Rack can't handle it 1 year 3 months ago #45901

I got 8 gb of ram and I am overclocking my computer so I should be good. I'm gonna give it another spin

Comic Rack can't handle it 1 year 3 months ago #45902

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
again I'm curious... Why do you want all 235 issues in one file? Comic Rack was designed so that the individual issues could be separated and easily found. 1 File would be like getting a 7000 (assuming 30pages per issue) page document without a table of contents or index.

Comic Rack can't handle it 1 year 3 months ago #45903

Because I'm american I do dumb things.

Comic Rack can't handle it 1 year 3 months ago #45915

• mr.clix
  • Junior Boarder
  • Bang! Bang!
SpideryReader wrote:
Because I'm american I do dumb things.
As an American this makes me sad.

Your tablet is never going to handle a 1.7gig file. Even if somehow it does, it will be a crappy experience.

Comic Rack can't handle it 1 year 3 months ago #45923

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
SpideryReader wrote:
No No No. You don't understand. When you have a .zip file you can change the extension to .cbr or .cbz. When you do that your good to go.

No. You clearly don't understand what a CBZ file is. A CBZ is not just a ZIP file with a new extension. For example CBZ does not support archived files within archive files which is probably what you have there. Seriously, listen to the advice and look inside the file and tell us what the file structure is. AND be prepared to split it into smaller files if you want to use it. This is nothing to do with the inadequacies of your various comic readers this is a problem with your expectations.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by jkthemac.
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Who's Online

We have 264 guests and 3 members online