Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Is comicrack dead?

Is comicrack dead? 7 months 3 weeks ago #47218

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Just Bill wrote:
I've started keeping my eyes open for alternative solutions because it does seem as though the project has been abandoned. It's only a matter of time before it stops functioning for those of us who keep our systems up to date and inevitably something will change that will stop the current code from continued functionality.

It's a real shame because it has definitely been the best comic reader/library management solution for a long, long time. I don't think anything out there even comes close. Not that I've discovered yet at any rate.

Me either and I've been looking because the IOS vesion will break when ios 11 comes out later this year.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is comicrack dead? 7 months 2 weeks ago #47249

• disolomon
  • Fresh Boarder
I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will get an update, but has anyone found a good alternative just in case?

Is comicrack dead? 7 months 1 week ago #47278

• Haired
  • Fresh Boarder
Windows 10 Creators Update (Build 1703) breaks Hardware Acceleration. The beginning of the end I guess.

Is comicrack dead? 7 months 3 days ago #47306

• riddlemethis
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Haired wrote:
Windows 10 Creators Update (Build 1703) breaks Hardware Acceleration. The beginning of the end I guess.

That would seem to be quite big thing. It's easy enough to disable but when the Comicrack for Windows starts breaking due to lack of updates, etc, it's not good.

Is comicrack dead? 7 months 3 days ago #47307

• Rav3nX
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Haired wrote:

Oh noes. And iv just started to really get into comics again, and in particular i just spent 3 weeks reorganizing my massive collection :(

Ill second the 'Release the code' call some one said earlier. Please consider going open source so we can all put our two cents of help in to keep this amazing piece of software going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Haired

Is comicrack dead? 6 months 3 weeks ago #47351

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
I really wish cYo would either become involved, at least a little, in development again, or else allow ComicRack to go open source so others can. I have so much love for cYo (well, in the sense of "I don't know you but you made a big impact on me"). I use ComicRack, still, every single day both on PC and Android. I would be lost without it. I'm really bummed that there are still quite a few talented coders around who take a real interest in it and would like very much to help but are unable to. It would be terrible to see it die, not because of lack of interest, but rather lack of access.

Unless there was something that occurred behind the scenes I wasn't privy to, I always found cYo to be very easy to get along with. I still find it hard to believe that he wouldn't at the very least answer anyone here who is clearly trying to get him to as folks have been on this board. So then, is it that he is not well or worse than that? Has he even been around lately?
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rav3nX

Is comicrack dead? 6 months 3 weeks ago #47353

• riddlemethis
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
He/she logged on this month according to the cYo profile page...hopefully all is well and just busy.
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by riddlemethis.

Is comicrack dead? 6 months 3 weeks ago #47355

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
He used to be really active on the forums and post a lot... it seems like he has just moved on... which is understandable, he worked on ComicRack for a long time.

Is comicrack dead? 6 months 1 week ago #47515

• vanmat
  • Fresh Boarder
riddlemethis wrote:
Haired wrote:

That would seem to be quite big thing. It's easy enough to disable but when the Comicrack for Windows starts breaking due to lack of updates, etc, it's not good.

The last cumulative update for 1607, KB4019472, broke hardware acceleration for me.

Is comicrack dead? 6 months 1 week ago #47517

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
That recently? I have never had any luck with hardware acceleration in this program. It has been switched off for about five years across three operating systems and multiple hardware changes.
Time to create page: 0.608 seconds

Who's Online

We have 260 guests and 3 members online