Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Is comicrack dead?

Is comicrack dead? 5 months 3 days ago #47820

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Drybonz wrote:
Comic Glass is my favorite as you can "stream" comics to your iPad from your PC without having to wait for downloads... Chunky is also good. Either one much better than ComicRack mobile and Comic Zeal, etc...

What is really needed is a good desktop comic organizer as a successor to ComicRack as there are already good iOS apps.

FOr me, the ability to create smartlists in CR and sync them over to my tablet is my favorite feature of the CR ios reader. I'd hate to have to go back to manually moving comics over. I don't keep my comics in any kind of order on my hard drive. I let CR and CVS handle the organization of the comics and samrtlists to build reading lists of what to read.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gpg1048, JohnKFisher

Is comicrack dead? 5 months 2 days ago #47826

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Not really sure why you guys keep talking about "manually moving comics". That is the old way. The new way is streaming them, with no download time, to your tablet as you wish to read them.

Is comicrack dead? 5 months 1 day ago #47830

• Yhoogi
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I prefer also to have them locally.
Streaming doesn't work so well if you are travelling by plane.

Cheers

Is comicrack dead? 5 months 1 day ago #47831

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
Yhoogi wrote:
Well, I prefer also to have them locally.
Streaming doesn't work so well if you are travelling by plane.

lol... so you click the dl button. It is still an option. What I'm trying to say is that ComicRack mobile is massively outdated. I hope that cYo updates it so you guys that don't want to try other apps can use it again.... I really do. But, it's not looking like that's going to happen, since he logs into the forums, as someone mentioned and doesn't even type a sentence to let you know it's in the works. I requested some of the more advanced features from these other apps when cYo was still working on ComicRack, and he didn't seem interested. If he does happen to do a quick update so that it works on the new versions of Android/iOS, it's still way behind other apps in features and usability.

My intent was, originally, to try and help you guys out by letting you know there were other options available.

Is comicrack dead? 5 months 1 day ago #47832

• Dancer
  • Senior Boarder
I don't know about the android version because I haven't used it in a while, but when it comes to the ios version it's light years ahead of everything else I have tried. I have tried about six now and thus far the only app I have found that can even reorder comics is comic zeal. None of them have smartlists. None of them will quickly stack according to series then quickly reorder to publication date. yeah I have been testing and buying several other comic apps and sure I can get by with that junk but they aren't comicrack

Is comicrack dead? 5 months 1 day ago #47833

• vanmat
  • Fresh Boarder
Drybonz wrote:
Not really sure why you guys keep talking about "manually moving comics". That is the old way. The new way is streaming them, with no download time, to your tablet as you wish to read them.

Your dumb.

Is comicrack dead? 5 months 1 day ago #47835

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
Dancer wrote:
I don't know about the android version because I haven't used it in a while, but when it comes to the ios version it's light years ahead of everything else I have tried. I have tried about six now and thus far the only app I have found that can even reorder comics is comic zeal. None of them have smartlists. None of them will quickly stack according to series then quickly reorder to publication date. yeah I have been testing and buying several other comic apps and sure I can get by with that junk but they aren't comicrack

What did you think of Comic Glass and Chunky?

Is comicrack dead? 5 months 1 day ago #47836

• Dancer
  • Senior Boarder
I didn't give Chunky a lot of time. You can group comics and that if fine, but where it seems to excel is by using the shared folders and or streaming. What I want is something that can work with my smartlists and or be able to reorder the comics. Comic Zeal allows me to do that infact I can tell it to not auto group the comics and just import them in order from comicrack by dragging them from the list to the browser download page then when I read them I can mark them as read in comic rack.

comic glass is one of the few I have not tried. It doesn't have any reviews in the app store and the screenshots don't get me inspired enough to blow the $4. It could be fine, but I don't think it's got the features I want.

Is comicrack dead? 5 months 1 day ago #47837

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
Comic Glass is the one I specifically recommended, as well as Chunky. Some other people on these forums have mentioned them as well. I'm not sure what others you tried but I have licenses for Comic Zeal as well as others, and, yes, Comic Zeal is terrible and even more outdated than ComicRack... so I would agree with you there. Comic Glass is written by a Japanese guy, who, as far as I know, doesn't speak English, so it doesn't get a lot of recognition, but it is hands down my favorite. Simply, being able to see and read the books that are on my ComicRack desktop library on my tablet with no download time is worth it alone, but it has a lot of other nice features. Chunky also offers some nice network features, but it's a little harder to get set up, although it has some nice visual features, such as a three level contrast auto-adjustment and image upscaling. YacReader is another decent one, but it's behind ComicGlass and Chunky and development is pretty slow for that one.

*edit* I should mention that Chunky's author says he is currently doing a re-write for it, so it may get a lot better... something to look out for.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 day ago by Drybonz.

Is comicrack dead? 5 months 1 day ago #47838

• Dancer
  • Senior Boarder
holy crap Comic Glass is the worst of all. Thank you for convincing me to waste $4
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Who's Online

We have 205 guests and 2 members online