Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Is comicrack dead?

Is comicrack dead? 4 months 5 days ago #47854

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Drybonz wrote:
Are you guys using the library organizer script for ComicRack desktop? You can organize your files into any sort of folder structure you want, to match your ComicRack library with, literally, the click of a button.

No. Few reasons.

1) I get a lot of my stuff from torrents and want to seed back so don't want to touch original files
2) I have files organized in Comicrack so why do I care how they are organzied on my hard drive?
3) Since I get packs I often wind up with multiple files of the same comic and just use duplicate manager and CR to pick the "best" version to add to my library.
4) In my CR foldef stucture I may have a comic in multiple smartlsts. It could me in my regular marvel list but also in an event smart list as well.

My normal workflow is....

1) Scan for new comics
2) Run CVS
3) Run my modifered version of duplicate manger and remove dupes from library
4) Sync to tablet
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is comicrack dead? 4 months 5 days ago #47855

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
krandor wrote:
Drybonz wrote:
Are you guys using the library organizer script for ComicRack desktop? You can organize your files into any sort of folder structure you want, to match your ComicRack library with, literally, the click of a button.

No. Few reasons.

Sounds like you are in a real pickle and you will never be able to read comics on a tablet again.

lol... I'm just messing with you. Hopefully, ComicRack mobile gets updated (and then Apple and Google never update their systems again) and your problems will all be solved. Sorry none of the suggestions for alternatives were helpful.

Is comicrack dead? 4 months 4 days ago #47860

• spynotebook
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
I installed comicstreamer and paid for the pro version of Chunky this afternoon. It's choking trying to scan all my comics (64K or so) but when I add a few folders at a time it seems to work. I guess this can be my backup whenever ComicRack finally stops working on my iPad.

Is comicrack dead? 4 months 4 days ago #47861

• pax0707
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Just leave comicstreamer running till it finishes initial scan.
That can take a while.

Is comicrack dead? 4 months 4 days ago #47862

• Dancer
  • Senior Boarder
so this comicstreamer is it like comicrack?

Is comicrack dead? 4 months 4 days ago #47863

• spynotebook
  • Expert Boarder
Not really. I am pointing it at comics already scraped and organized by comicrack. It shares them out via a web browser. Chunky has built in support to access this server so, if ComicRack stops syncing, this is a way to get comics onto my iPad without a lot of fuss.

Is comicrack dead? 4 months 4 days ago #47865

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
ComicServer is a desktop app that allows you to "serve" your comics from your PC to Chunky. ComicGlass has the same feature "built in" via it's media server, except that the media server is much easier to set up. You just download it from the ComicGlass site and run it. It sits in the system tray on your desktop and gives you access to your desktop comic library on your iPad. You pick a comic and read it, no download time.

Is comicrack dead? 4 months 4 days ago #47866

• pax0707
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Nothing fully replaces CR make smart lists on PC and sync x unread to iPad functionality but with iOS 11 around the corner, this is closest to it,

Is comicrack dead? 4 months 3 days ago #47870

• spynotebook
  • Expert Boarder
for those of you who have used comicstreamer and ubooquity, do you like one better? comicstreamer is having a real hard time indexing my files. i suspect it is because I use MHDDFS, I will probably try ubooquity tonight to see if it works any better.

Is comicrack dead? 4 months 3 days ago #47871

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
I thought they were both kind of clunky. He says he is doing a re-write of Chunky reader, so hopefully there is a better network solution in the future for Chunky.
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Who's Online

We have 208 guests and 6 members online