Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: "Closing ComicRack" window

"Closing ComicRack" window 1 year 1 month ago #46250

• solidus0079
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I have a pretty large library, where the files being on a NAS. As such, it can often take a long time for ComicRack to close if add or change something (I presume it is writing to the library XML). I haven't used a stopwatch, but sometimes this can be over half an hour.

This is fine it's a lot of data. That's not what I'm talking about.

It's the fact that the "Closing" window is set to appear above every other window and program, even when CR is minimized or hidden. Even now, I'm looking at it as I write this. I know it can be moved so that only a small part of it can be seen, but is that the best one can hope for?

Thanks for reading!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Closing ComicRack" window 1 year 1 month ago #46252

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
I used to have this issue to. I wasn't using an NAS, but I did have an external 2.0 USB drive on an old XP system. The biggest thing I did was follow the instructions and set up an SQL database. Now, it maybe takes 30 seconds to close instead of the 5 minutes I used to deal with.

"Closing ComicRack" window 1 year 1 month ago #46253

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
Yes Fuzzyluzzi beat me to it but I second his suggestion. Most decent NAS boxes have SQL built in, so you are ideally suited to using it. This also protects your data from crashes.

The implementation isn't the best, as ComicRack isn't optimised for SQL, using a flat structure and loading the data all at once, but the data is kept up to date as you go.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by jkthemac.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Who's Online

We have 229 guests and 2 members online