Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Let's donate some money to this project!

Let's donate some money to this project! 1 year 3 weeks ago #46460

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
I was reading this forum posts and all the complains that there are almost no changes to this project anymore... that the project is dead... that the project is outdated...

Then I asked myself... When was the last time I spent some money for, surely, one of the best and, in my case, most used program I have ever used. And honestly? I only donated 1 or 2 dollars YEARS ago to get rid of the "please donate" window... and a bit more for the ad-less Android app...

Looking back to all the time, all the use, all the good things this project gave me... it surely seems very little... So you know what? I will donate again today, not much, because I am quite poor (and dollar is quite expensive here), but I at least I want to contibute with something... And I think all the people who complain about the project not being what it once was should really consider doing the same if they can afford it :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dockens, Yhoogi

Let's donate some money to this project! 1 year 3 weeks ago #46472

• Comickon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I totally agree actually. I just donated too.
I read comics for years and use comicrack as my main viewer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xelloss

Let's donate some money to this project! 1 year 1 week ago #46524

• burnshroom
  • Junior Boarder
Honestly, if it is just about money. And if cYo had an amount in mind that would drive towards and newer more robust version... and if that amount was shared... I could EASILY see the community giving towards that goal.

However, by just saying donate with no goal in mind, and just to do it... I doubt the actual returns are gonna happen that way.

There are certain "websites" that have on screen "performers" that set a goal for certain "events" to take place. And as those goals get close to happening they will increase the goal.... I saw this and was like "That's shady. You just made the original goal unattainable..." But low and behold, even that NEW goal was met... only to be changed again. But in the end those that wanted to see the "event" kept forking over the dough.

I guess the point is, if something is given to work towards it is more likely to be reached then not setting one and hoping for the best.

Let's donate some money to this project! 1 year 1 week ago #46528

• Comickon
  • Fresh Boarder
:(

Let's donate some money to this project! 9 months 4 days ago #46976

• jericko
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I paid for both the android app and the Windows Donation, but would spend anther $50+ to get a updated version.

Let's donate some money to this project! 8 months 4 weeks ago #47021

• Innuendo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
At this point in the game we're not even sure if cYo is even still alive. Monthly web hosting fees may be coming out of some forgotten bank account somewhere. :/

Let's donate some money to this project! 8 months 4 weeks ago #47034

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
hahaha, don't be absurd...

cYo last login was only 4 months ago... and he has a life as anyone has!
Last Edit: 8 months 4 weeks ago by Xelloss.

Let's donate some money to this project! 8 months 4 weeks ago #47043

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
You reach a point when you stop reading comics. And if a pet project was focused on them, it might take a back seat. I actually liked New 52. After the DC YOU crap, I'm only reading Broadsword, Deadpool and Injustice.

Let's donate some money to this project! 8 months 4 weeks ago #47045

• Innuendo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Fuzzyluzzi wrote:
You reach a point when you stop reading comics. And if a pet project was focused on them, it might take a back seat.

That's as good a theory as any, but it'd be nice to have some kind of announcement come down from the mountaintop. I think a time period of less than 5 minutes would be adequate to whip up a 'status of the project' announcement stating where the project is and what the plans of the developer are. That he hasn't done so is telling & people trying to guess the reason for his lack of work on the project is futile as we have nothing to base any guesses on.
I actually liked New 52. After the DC YOU crap, I'm only reading Broadsword, Deadpool and Injustice.

Comics, at least with the big two anyway, are in a strange place right now. The comics only exist as an after-thought to help sell the movies. DC's in the most turmoil, though. They've been struggling to find the right balanced universe(s) for their characters for years and now that they have a hunger for that mad money Marvel's been pulling in at the Box Office they've gone into over-drive with throwing things at walls & hoping they stick.
Last Edit: 8 months 4 weeks ago by Innuendo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: khaoohs
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Who's Online

We have 207 guests and 4 members online