Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Music Player software similar to ComicRack?

Music Player software similar to ComicRack? 1 year 5 days ago #46532

• stm858
  • Fresh Boarder
I realise this is quite a bit off the topic here, but I've recently been searching for a music player for my collection that offers similar features to ComicRack. You know - just with music instead.

It's only after using ComicRack for a few months that I realise just how restrictive the usual players are with the amount of data you can sort music by and I'd honestly like categories such as Record Label, Media (is it a CD Album or a Digital EP?), release year, original release year, sub-genres and similar things. So far I've found a really good sorting database that has more options than I could ever want but that's all it is - a database. It has no player and no way of syncing files to android. MusicBee offers the player and syncing but the sorting categories leave a lot to be desired.

I figured I'd come here for help since this community seems to thrive off obsessive organisation whilst also offering practical ways to consume comics. If it's too far off topic then I'll remove it, but if anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Music Player software similar to ComicRack? 1 year 4 days ago #46533

• Landcross
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm a big fan of Musicbee and I've been using it for years now, so obviously I wanted to recommend it. But, then I read you already tried it ;)
What exactly is your 'problem' with it?

Music Player software similar to ComicRack? 1 year 4 days ago #46537

• stm858
  • Fresh Boarder
I think my main problems stem from the lack of a companion app. The software itself offers a decent range of information to put into tracks and albums but the effort is seemingly wasted when I can't place the music onto my phone in a suitable manner. The only options to sync with devices are either "all" or "selected playlists" and with well over 500 albums it's not at all practical.

Also having a small problem with the app I am using(GoneMAD Music) in that it's not recognising the genres at all and just displays everything under"unknown".

Music Player software similar to ComicRack? 1 year 4 days ago #46540

• Landcross
  • Fresh Boarder
Hmm, yea. Never really thought about that. I mainly listen music through my PC using (wireless) headphones and using the MusicBee Remote app on my phone to play/pause etc.

I do have a pile of music on my phone, but I don't really keep it in sync with my PC or something like that. I just dump some music on it every now and then.

You could also look at a Subsonic server together with the MusicBee Subsonic plugin to stream your music from your PC to any other device. I personally don't use it, but I did try it a while ago and it seemed to work pretty nice. Of course, when you're away, it'll eat your mobile data, so...

About the genres: I don't know what the problem is. Genres I added in Musicbee work fine on all my devices...

Music Player software similar to ComicRack? 1 year 11 hours ago #46557

• mal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Try MediaMonkey. I think it does all that your looking for, and the Android app does syncs really well.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Who's Online

We have 309 guests and 4 members online