Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: How do you handle imprints?

How do you handle imprints? 9 months 1 week ago #46916

• WraithTDK
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm curious about what people do in regard to metadata regarding imprints that were previously publishers. Using Malibu, which originally published the Ultraverse line, but was later bought by Marvel, as an example, would you:

1. Mark Malibu as the publisher
2. Mark Marvel as the publisher and Malibu as the imprint
3. Mark Malibu as the publisher for titles published before the buyout and Marvel as the publisher with Malibu as the imprint for titles published after the buyout

I'm also curious about what you do with imprints of imprints. Again, using Malibu as an example, Ultraverse (Prime, Mantra etc.) was an imprint of Malibu, who was then bought my Marvel. So, IF you mark Marvel as the publisher, do you then use Malibu or Ultraverse as the imprint?
I am currently reading every Marvel Superhero comic book every printed, in chronological order, and blogging about the milestones, footnotes, and other interesting moments I read at http://www.wraithscomicjourney. I'll be adding DC when I hit 1985, and other companies when they launch.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do you handle imprints? 9 months 1 week ago #46928

• romsnesrom
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I do mark the imprint as the publisher. Imprints of imprints also get their own publisher folders. If a publisher create an imprint is because the stuff they are publishing is different, so I would like that they remain separated. It is not getting easier though, because some publishers are reprinting their imprint archives in their main brand and that complicates things because the last published imprint is assumed for the whole series if you use CVS. Eventually all my Vertigo titles will be merged into DC. I do not like it but CVS still the most sane way to organize my comics (that i know of) and that is the way the guys at CV choose to operate.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by romsnesrom. Reason: typo
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Who's Online

We have 172 guests and 4 members online