Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Digital Editions vs Print Scans

Digital Editions vs Print Scans 7 months 2 days ago #47302

• Surfal666
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
So how do y'all deal with digital editions of books and scans of the print editions in the same collection? I'm trying to come up with right set of fields so that CR no longer detects them as duplicates and still play nice with CVS.

Anyone else have interesting solutions?

(Yeah for new books, there's no real difference between the two, but in older books, a c2c scan with ads and letter pages can really improve the 'feel' of a book. I might be showing my age here...)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Digital Editions vs Print Scans 7 months 2 days ago #47303

• romsnesrom
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
If you know which issues are digital it should not be difficult to set their format to "digital" or something to avoid the duplicate problem using CRDataManager or something similar.

I myself like the idea of preserving the ads, but I hate the idea of the wasted space. I much rather have a book of ads than a copy of Charles Atlas, sea-monkeys, hostess pies, ju-jutso lessons and abdominal slimmers in each issue. As it stands I keep the better image version unless the difference is not significant. In that case I keep the smaller filesize (ads or no ads).

Best Digital Editions and Print Scans 6 months 2 weeks ago #47421

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
The bots are really clever now. I hope they don't get the forums shut down. There's a lot of good info on here. Is there a good way to automate a backup?
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds

Who's Online

We have 242 guests and 7 members online