Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: Am I the only one?

Am I the only one? 5 months 1 week ago #47920

• mabtycoon
  • Fresh Boarder
I absolutely love it and always have. Never used anything else. As long as I can use it on my ever changing tech, i will.

Continued support would be nice, with changing android and windows at some point it'll stop working - but not yet!

LONG LIVE COMICRACK!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Am I the only one? 5 months 1 week ago #47923

• Brenticles
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
That would be perfect for me. Just maintain it enough so that it keeps running on new operating systems.

I don't need new features either. I'm probably in the minority that thinks the program suffers from bloat and has too many features.

At the very least I wish cYo would make a statement of some kind about the program, even if its to say he'll never work on it again.

Am I the only one? 5 months 1 week ago #47936

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 118
Kreos wrote:
I'm going to use it for as long as possible. I love it.

Having said that, it is aging and the issues of compatibility are going to increase. So I don't think it is an issue of people wanting to replace it, but rather saddened by the likelihood of having to replace it.

As for changes to the actual program: If they never happen, oh well. But if CR is updated for tech compatability, my hope is it would be a catalyst to update other things, too. I don't think there is anyone who wants it redone to the point that it isn't recognizable as ComiCrack. But there have been plenty of suggestions for improvements that would make CR better at what it already does.

THIS

Am I the only one? 5 months 3 days ago #47953

• Rick
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
What could also help is to open-source it and host on github, make people contribute and move it forward again :)
Unless cYo has enough time to maintain but it might just be running into some original design limitations as well (used UI library etc..) which require extensive reworks to get it back on track, the multiple clients probably aren't helping as well time wise.
Last Edit: 5 months 3 days ago by Rick.

Am I the only one? 5 months 2 days ago #47954

• Reason
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
and it' possible he's been rewrting code from scratch and working on all this

Am I the only one? 5 months 2 days ago #47955

• Rick
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Been over a year though since last update en cYo lasts post dates back 11 months, not that hopeful but always a possibility of course :)

Am I the only one? 4 months 4 weeks ago #47967

• MaudDib
  • Fresh Boarder
I support ComicRack on three different OS's - all of them current. I came here because for the 2nd time I'm running into trouble on one of them.

A developer need not support an OS that's no longer supported by the manufacturer - that's just a nice bonus.

But if an application stops working on new systems the average consumer buys off the shelf, then it's growth will end, and it will become a cult classic.
Anybody running WinAmp?

I love Comic Rack, but running an old OS invites personal security issues, and if it stops working for me, I'll sadly move on.
I hope it survives into the far future - on all my devices - no matter the owner.

Am I the only one? 4 months 2 weeks ago #48047

• pweasel
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
I'm on Windows 10.0.15063 and not a hitch.
CRW 0.9.178 x64 on Win10
CRA 1.80 on Nexus 10
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Who's Online

We have 199 guests and 3 members online