Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: File Naming Conventions - Best Practices for Digital Comics

File Naming Conventions - Best Practices for Digital Comics 1 week 5 days ago #47956

Hey all

I am about to undertake a huge project in naming, tagging, and organizing a giant collection of digital comics.

Curious as to what kinds of naming conventions you guys are using for your file names...
I have a pretty good idea how I want to organize the folders and tags but I am not sold just yet on how to name the individual files.

Also - is there a file name format where other programs can read the info a certain way to auto-create tags?
For example - if the file name was...

Marvel - Iron Man - Vol 2 - (1996) - # 12.cbz OR Marvel_Iron_Man_Vol_2_1996_#_12.cbz (or whatever)

Is there a program that might create tags for series, volume, year, issue # based on the file name itself?
... and mine is just an example... if there is THE STANDARD for doing it, please help educate me... I am new to all this.

Any info you guys could pass along as to your best practices in managing your own collections would be greatly appreciated.
Mostly curious what you all are using for your file names to give me some options to think about.

Cheers everyone!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

File Naming Conventions - Best Practices for Digital Comics 1 week 5 days ago #47957

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 42
Sorry to say i can't help you on best practices on how the name might interact with other programs. I just use the default settings in Library Organizer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

Who's Online

We have 378 guests and 2 members online