Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 1 month 1 day ago #48351

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
That's a good question. What I've found it is the individual that places the scanner tag. They make there own and use those. There are some cases where a couple scanners will work together to scan a comic, almost always for an actual paper scan, I don't see many team-ups for digitals. Whenever Minutemen scanners did this they would combine their names into a unique name, Minutemen-DangerPowersZone for example. The one you have to be mindful of is anything marked Team-DCP. This was a catchall appellation they might name a scanner tag. HOWEVER, the true scanner name on the released file might be different. So a file may have been released and shown to be Kryptonia & Weez-DCP but the scanner tag image was just named team-dcp.jpg. Not the biggest deal but just something to keep in mind.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 1 month 1 day ago #48352

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
I doesn't care about the filename, but the file itself... My idea is using the hash from this images as another source for scanners...So for example, if I have a comic that has the field scanner filled with "Zone-Empire", and it has this image with its crc, any other comic that has an image with this crc is automatically filled with "Zone-Empire" as the scanner...

The problem is that if many scanners use the same images, then I can't use this as a "scanner signature"
Last Edit: 1 month 1 day ago by Xelloss.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 1 month 1 day ago #48353

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Ah, got ya. Not being a coder it took me second to understand, sorry about that. Then the upshot is no, they use their own individual scanner tags and I can't recall anytime, past or present, any individuals would have shared a group tag image.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 4 weeks 2 days ago #48361

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Been working in this today...

Still a long way to do, but the main part is done and it works!

I had to fight a lot with the rar and zip libraries, but I made it!

Also for now the script works with only the data it takes from your own library, but the idea is to share this data with other users (working on that)

I will publish an ALPHA version with a tutorial for advance users as soon as I have something that can be used without coding XD
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by Xelloss.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 4 weeks 1 day ago #48363

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok, This is the first PRE ALPHA version, only for developement testing:

DO NOT USE IT UNLESS YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WARNINGS!

1- This script add a custom value called "page_hashes" TO ALL COMICS IN YOUR LIBRARY when you first run it
2- The first time you run it, and only the first time, this script will hash all the files in your library, THIS CAN TAKE A LOOOONG TIME (from minutes to hours depending in your library size... mine took minutes with 16k+ comics)
3- This script is under main development, and is ONLY FOR TESTING
4- DO NOT run it in more than a comic at a time, although it is already made to run in more than one at once, as it is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL, just run it in ONE COMIC and see the results
5- The script is for running in comics with scan information empty, it would not work with comics with this field not empty

How to use it:

Select a comic in your library that has Scan Information empty, right click, Automation, ScannnerScan
Then wait.
Chech the Scan Information field and see if it worked.

The script will look for scanner info in:
First in repeated pages in other comics in your library with scan information
Then in the names of the files and folder inside
Last in the filename

This script use your library data, so the more info you have about scanner information in other comics, the most chances the script will work and better...

This script uses module of zipfile and rarfile and all their dependencies (all included in the script)

and again USE IT UNDER YOUR OWN RISK

PRE ALPHA VERSION ONLY FOR TESTING 0.1:

-REPLACED-

I will work A LOT more in this script when I have more free time, this is only the first idea, I have a lot more to add to this... (main one being the possibility to share library info with others through exported data files, THIS WILL BE WHERE THE SCRIPT REAL POTENTIAL REALLY IS and it is not yet applied)

This script is thought to work with name standards from the "Scanner Information from Files" script. If you already use that script, this script will work better than if you don't.
Last Edit: 4 weeks 20 hours ago by Xelloss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Scott

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 4 weeks 1 day ago #48368

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Headed off to bed, but I just wanted to let you know I'm getting the error...

'ScopeStorage' object has no attribute 'ScannerScan'

... when I run it against any issues. Only trying a couple, all with scan tags, until the bugs are worked out. Good luck, and I'll be back to try again tomorrow.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 4 weeks 1 day ago #48369

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Mmmh... That usually means a major error that delete the function for nexts runs... Usually it shows the real mistake the first time it runs after restart comicrack, and from then on that message...

Do you know how to use console in comicrack? That will show more info...

I am thinking in modules problem, that is the only cause for the error message you mention that I know.

Please, restart comicrack and look for the error tje first time it runs if you can... I am expecting a "module not found" o "something is missing" kind of error...

All the same it is strange that it works in my pc turning off external libraries, and not in yours... I thought I had solved al dependencies problems, tomorrow I will have a look at it again, perhaps I forgot some file in my script folder...
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by Xelloss.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 4 weeks 20 hours ago #48372

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
ok, I think I found the problem... A module missing as I thought...

Here is the fixed version:

File Attachment:

File Name: ScannerSca...crplugin
File Size:128 KB

edit: problem with modules is that comicrack reads from 3 locations for needed modules, main folder, scripts folder and the script own folder... So to know if a script has all the modules it needs, you have to empty the three folders (and disable all added library folders in options), and then add the modules you think it needs in only its own folder... (which is then what you put in the crplugin file)

I knew about scripts folder, I didn't know about the main folder, where I found the "random module" the script needs (And surely I added to this folder some day I don't remember experimenting with some scripts)

the problem specifically with this script is that it uses zipfile and rarfile modules, which have A LOT of dependencies, each with MORE dependencies... and I had to add one by one the modules till no module was missing... I am totally sure the script only use 10% of them, but python needs all dependencies when adding a module for it to run...

- that is the problem for developing using the iron python full library when coding -

I hope it now has all needed modules D:
Last Edit: 4 weeks 20 hours ago by Xelloss.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 4 weeks 17 hours ago #48373

• Reason
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I don't know if some people are aware of but if you take the cbr or cbz apart the original folders sometimes has the original file name which most of the time has the scanners name in it

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 4 weeks 17 hours ago #48374

• Reason
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I've also noticed that Minutemen don't add a tag page on their digital releases
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Who's Online

We have 205 guests and 2 members online