Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 4 days ago #48375

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
My script has both things into consideration...

Also tag pages are not the only thing scanners duplicate, ads of other comics, or similar also are usually the same image in multiple comics of the same scanner...

The idea of this script is the sum of all things...

First use of the filename and folders inside the files (in case they are still there) to capture scanner names

Second, use of hashes in images to find duplicate pages among comics, and use this as a signature of the scanner

Last, and still not implemented, use the hashes of the pages themselves to recognise same version between different users (make a database of pages hashes and scanners), even if the modified the comic pack and delete the filename outside and inside of the file
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by Xelloss.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 4 days ago #48376

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Try my script in different cases, and tell me how it worked for you:

A comic with scanner in the filename
A comic renamed but not repacked (not exported) with a folder with the scanner name
A comic repacked but with a scanner page shared with other comic with scanner field filled
A comic without scanner page

The good thing about my idea with this script, is that this methods are mixed and give mixed results...

For example, imagine you have a lot of comics with pages in common (ads for example) and no scaner ad but only one in one of the comics, this ad is repeated in other comic which folder inside the file has the name of the scanner... You run my script (in the future) and it will put the scanner information in ALL comics... Now imagine this taken to all possible combinations, and it can be truely helpful

Now add to that the possibility of sharing this information with other users, a comic that any other user has in a version, can be used as hash for other person that has the same book version with no ad, no duplicate pages, no name in filename or folder...

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 4 days ago #48377

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
On the update, on first run I get an error...

No module named random

... then on second attempts I get the error I reported before.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 4 days ago #48380

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
O_o, perhaps I updated it wrong? That is what I fixed in the last version

Edit: Yep, I uploaded the old version AGAIN, this is the fixed one U_U

File Attachment:

File Name: ScannerScan.crplugin
File Size:137 KB

sorry

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 4 days ago #48381

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
At least now I know the error was the one I fixed XD

The error was the first one, the thing is that for somereason if comicrack has a problem with a script in "compilation time" it just delete the object and this trigger the second error, where the system tells you "your are calling for an object that doesn't exist"

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 4 days ago #48382

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Sorry to continue to bring bad news but now I get an "exception has thrown by the target of an invocation" error on every attempt to run.

Though on the bright side, I'm not getting the first error anymore :P .
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 4 days ago #48384

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
I should be the one sorry for this... excuse me for how precarious this script still is... U_U

MMh... "exception has thrown by the target of an invocation" is a run error (we at least passed the compilation phase XD), the problem now is that 99% of code error return this XD

Do you know how to run the Comirack console? (adding " -dso -ssc" after the comickrack shortaccess). This will show the console and will give you more information of the error U_U

I will try to see where the error could be... but this data could help me a lot to find the bug...

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 4 days ago #48385

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
ok, didn't find the error... BUT I made a version that will show error messages by message box XD

Ver 0.2

File Attachment:

File Name: ScannerSca...crplugin
File Size:128 KB

Install this version and tell me what the error message box says xD (this will show the error message from console in a message box to read easily :P)

It will also say the book that is triggering the bug, so I can see where the problem could be XD

Should have thought about this MANY scripts before XD

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 3 days ago #48396

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
All right, here's the message that appeared...

expected string or Tuple, got
IronPython.Runtime.Bytes TypeError found in 100
Bullets 96 during Library Hashing.

... and then the "exception thrown" error appears. It doesn't what individual or group of books I try, all the same result.

I will practice running the console tomorrow. I myself am not a coder, but I would like to be able to assist you as well as I can. Once I successfully run it I will return and you can start giving me instructions from there. Hang in there, you'll get it going soon! It's gonna be awesome when you do.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 3 days ago #48397

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Don't worry, with this version I made you read the log you would see in the console in the message box :)

You made me realise how important it was to add debugging messages in the code.

With the data you just sent me I have something to work with, let me see what it can be. Thanks a lot!

(Now i have to find what is the difference in your run and mine, as I couldn't replicate the error in my pc)

You help me A LOT testing the script, as a professional tester myself, you have to know you can be a good tester not knowing about coding (I code by hobby, I am no developer, I learnt python doing scripts here XD)
Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by Xelloss.
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Who's Online

We have 243 guests and 6 members online