Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48399

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
Still looking for the bug, I think that it could be a corrupted file, but still working on it...

Meanwhile I made this version that will "jump" books with this problem and continue with the script...

If this work, it means the problem is with an specific book, and I will have to find out what it is and fix it...

If this doesn't work, the problem is something more general and I will have to fix it too D:

The error message still will appear, but it should not stop the processs now... it will appear with every book that has the same problem... which means that if it is a general bug, you will have to close comicrack from the program task or click OK as many times as books in the library you have (a torture XD)

File Attachment:

File Name: ScannerSca...crplugin
File Size:138 KB

Again, thanks for your help in testing!

About the book you apply the script to, as the bug is in the "hashing phase", which works with ALL you books in your library BEFORE working with the selected ones, it will not change the error you are receiving... Remember this phase, the first time you run it only, will take A LOT OF TIME, as it reads all the books in your library file by file... don't be afraid if it loads for many minutes :)
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by Xelloss.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48400

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
AHHH, got it, didn't understand that it must run against the whole library on first run. Got it. I'll report back.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48401

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Actually, it runs against library all the runs, BUT it only search inside the files the first time (then it stored the hashes in the custom value page_hashes and it is 1000 times faster XD)

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48402

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
btw, I sent you a private message :)

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48403

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Okay, as it is running I get this "global name 'e' is not definedError" on every issue it hashes. I hit OK or Cancel and the message appears on the next, then the next...
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48404

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
ok, let me see if I can replicate the error with your files... I will tell you what I can find...

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48405

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
It is strange... I cannot replicate the error... I tried even with your comic files, and it works in my pc...

If you can, try with this version, it will give you more Data... I have narrow the error code to a few lines, but I cannot see what can go wrong there :/

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48406

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
there, this one will also show the error message in the console log:

File Attachment:

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48407

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48408

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Could we try once more?

With this version:

File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds

Who's Online

We have 195 guests and 3 members online