Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 5 days ago #48409

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Ok, now I can copy and paste the error easily, thank you...

expected string or Tuple, got IronPython.Runtime.Bytes TypeError found in 100 Bullets 96 during Book Hashing. Phase: 1.6 - RacerX-DCP - - \\TEMPEST\Comic Books\DC Comics\Vertigo\100 Bullets (1999 Series)\100 Bullets #96 (December, 2008) (RacerX-DCP).cbr - \\TEMPEST\Comic Books\DC Comics\Vertigo\100 Bullets (1999 Series)\100 Bullets #96 (December, 2008) (RacerX-DCP).cbr
Attempted to divide by zero.

I think we keep seeing this book not due to anything unique about this particular file but simply because it's the first book to be hashed from the library.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xelloss

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 5 days ago #48410

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
Ok, let's see if this one fix the bug:

File Attachment:

File Name: ScannerSca...crplugin
File Size:138 KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Scott

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 5 days ago #48411

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
If that is not the case, perhaps it is because of the rarfile module... perhaps it works in my computer as I have IronPython installed in my pc and you don't...

I would need other user to test this to see if that is the problem D:
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by Xelloss.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 5 days ago #48412

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Ok, I've backed up my normal comicdb.xml and created one just for testing. I've only put into it the new comics for the week for me, so there's only 48 issues in the whole thing. That way we know there shouldn't be anything wrong with them, since they are brand new and untouched.

Now for the error :blush: :blink: :silly: ...

expected string or Tuple, got IronPython.Runtime.Bytes TypeError found in during Book Hashing. Phase: 1 - Empire - - C:\Torrents\All New Comics\2000 AD 2054 (2017) (Digital-Empire).cbr - C:\Torrents\All New Comics\2000 AD 2054 (2017) (Digital-Empire).cbr
Attempted to divide by zero.

I can install IronPython if you like, as long as something wouldn't screw up my system, I'll do what I can to help. Is there any chance because I have WinRAR installed on my system, that it could be doing something to cause this? Again, not a coder myself so this may be a very stupid question.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 5 days ago #48413

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
I have winrar too, and it was a great idea what you did to isolate the problem...

It seems there is a problem with the rar module, which could be about dependencies... I would need another pc for testing if this is because of my pc configuration and Python installation... I will try to borrow my brother pc and test the script there... THANKS for all your help! I will post here about what I found when I have news...

About installing IronPython, don't worry about it, the idea is for anybody to be able to use this script... so I have to make it run without that

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 5 days ago #48414

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Okay. I have three PCs here, and I can install and setup ComicRack on one of them later this evening and give it a shot. Let me know if you would like me to install IronPython on the second for testing purposes. Dinner time soon, so I will talk to ya in a couple hours.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 5 days ago #48415

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
I THINK I DID IT! I have been playing with python modules and versions for hours... but I think I found a solution!

The problem is that last version of python rarfile module is incompatible with some version of windows (I think, it works random, some pcs I tried worked, other not)

So, I tried an old version, 2,7 instead of 3,0, and at least, in the pc that didn't work, now it works! (I have to mix a lot of ironpython pyton2 and python3 modules for all to work, but I think I did it)

New version:

File Attachment:

File Name: ScannerSca...crplugin
File Size:132 KB

Try it and tell me if it work :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Scott

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 4 days ago #48416

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Now that it seems to work (with minor bugs that I am fixing XD), it would be cool if anyone else test it too :)

I still have some issues with the python modules it uses and I want to see if it is really compatible with any Windows version...

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 4 days ago #48417

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
I could use a new version that would continue the first run hash after that last error I pm'ed you. Right now, after reporting the error, the script stops altogether and when I try to run again it reports the last error and so on... So I'm able to get it finished and tested it on comics without a scanner tagged and see if it does it correctly. At the very least, I could let it run and find any more errors to be fixed. Good job so far though, great work in a quick amount of time.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 4 days ago #48418

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah, that was the idea, I couldn't work with the script "because of life" till a few minutes ago... I will upload a version which ignore this kind of error and continue with other files...

Btw, I found where the error was, the thing is that the module I use, as it is open source and winrar compression is liscensed, only can read fileinformation, not unrar files... That is not a problem with my script as I only use the file information, not the file contents...

The problem appears when the file has a .nfo inside, which is link as the rar information, which is part of the rar file files data, but also it is compressed... So the module call the unrar module, and as it isn't there, it shows the message you see...

In other words any file that was compressed with a .nfo inside (the .nfo inside can even be deleted then) doesn't work with my script U_U

I am trying to bypass this nfo reading, but I have no idea how to yet XD

The other, more unhappy option is the easy one, ignore this files... which is what the temporary version I will post now does XD
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by Xelloss.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Who's Online

We have 259 guests and 4 members online