Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 4 days ago #48419

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
Here the version that will ignore error messages, just click OK when the error appears and it will continue scanning:

File Attachment:

File Name: ScannerSca...crplugin
File Size:132 KB

note: if in the future I don't find a solution to this errors and decide to ignore this files, the error warning will not appear... for now I keep them for debugging usage
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Scott

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 4 days ago #48420

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder

File Attachment:

fixed it! I modified the rarfile module to never extract files (even if it has a nfo file inside) XD

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48422

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
All right! It took a while to complete the first run, but it's now done. I've used the script a couple times against a handful of issues, and I have to say it's worked 100% properly. The only problem I'm having right this moment is that every time I run it is that it still wants the errors to be corrected, so I have to OK a bunch of message boxes to use it. I'm adding a text document with the console messages for them so you can look through them. Thanks so much for all your work so far, it's looking pretty good now!

File Attachment:

File Name: ScannerScanErrors.txt
File Size:154 KB
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xelloss

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48423

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
The idea for now is to recognise this errors and try to fix them.... these seems to be new errores, let be have a look at them and se if I can fix them...

The more I fix, the more comics with hashes, the more it recognise comic scanners :)

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48424

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
the problem is that I uploaded the wrong version U_U

I fixed the nfo file problem but I uploaded the old version again...

Now, this is the right version:

File Attachment:

(sorry, I am working with many pcs at the same time I am a mess)

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48425

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
the problem is that I uploaded the wrong version U_U

I fixed the nfo file problem but I uploaded the old version again...

Now, this is the right version:

(sorry, I am working with many pcs at the same time I am a mess)

edit: still a lot of books with other errors though!

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48426

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Awww, snap! I think the new version is doing the first run over...
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48427

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Latest version is hung up on this error...

unicode argument without an encodingError found in Batman: The 10-Cent Adventure 1 during Book Hashing. Phase: 1.7 - - - \\TEMPEST\Comic Books\DC Comics\Batman - The 10-cent Adventure (2002 Series)\Batman - The 10-cent Adventure #01 (March, 2002).cbr - \\TEMPEST\Comic Books\DC Comics\Batman - The 10-cent Adventure (2002 Series)\Batman - The 10-cent Adventure #01 (March, 2002).cbr
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\ScannerScan\ScannerScan.py", line 261, in HashBookPages
archive = rarfile.RarFile(fileurl,'r')
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\ScannerScan\rarfile.py", line 523, in __init__
self._parse()
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\ScannerScan\rarfile.py", line 778, in _parse
self._parse_real()
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\ScannerScan\rarfile.py", line 800, in _parse_real
h = self._parse_header(fd)
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\ScannerScan\rarfile.py", line 873, in _parse_header
return self._parse_block_header(fd)
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\ScannerScan\rarfile.py", line 922, in _parse_block_header
self._parse_file_header(h, pos)
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\ScannerScan\rarfile.py", line 979, in _parse_file_header
u = UnicodeFilename(h.orig_filename, name[nul + 1 : ])
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\ScannerScan\rarfile.py", line 1250, in __init__
self.std_name = bytearray(name)
TypeError: unicode argument without an encoding
Attempted to divide by zero.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48428

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
I noticed, I was working on that

It seems rarfile module (I am really starting to hate this module A LOT) don't work well with unicode in file names...

I patched it, and now it seems to work ok...

New version:

File Attachment:

Also I remembered to delete the lines that stop the script if it finds a error this time... (I add them when I am coding to make it simplier to code, but I have to delete them when I repack the script)
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by Xelloss.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 days ago #48429

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry for so many bugs... my library is too standarized and too small to debug this kind of errors U_U (it worked ok with all my library since first version...)

That is why I need testers who test the script, it is almost imposible to know what every user will have in their collections
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by Xelloss.
Time to create page: 0.613 seconds

Who's Online

We have 190 guests and 5 members online