Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 1 day ago #48444

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
Do you have any comic with HP as scanner?

Could you tell me the name of that file if it exist?

Could you tell me also the name of the file with the scanner tag jpg?

I need to replicate the situation in my pc to see where things went wrong XD
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 1 day ago #48445

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
I have exactly 2 files with the scanner name HP, they are Golden Age comics, with no scanner tag nor a scanner name on any file within.

One such comic would be X-Men Legacy V1 #251 (August, 2011) (DangerAngel-CPS).
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 1 day ago #48446

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
But is HP the scanner data given to those comics by my script, or it was from before my script?

Remember my script copy Scan data from other comics you have in your library... if you have a bad named scanner, it will replicate it in other comics with duplicate pages...

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 23 hours ago #48447

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Gotcha... The two files with HP for a scanner are my own, from before your script. The comics NOT named HP, like the Captain Cold example, are being named that by the script. Looking through the two files named HP, I see nothing that should teach the script to use that name for other files.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 16 hours ago #48448

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
I downloaded both files... the Captain Cold one, and the X-Men legacy one... and both have the same image: zzzDangerPowers 08-archangel.jpg, which is the tag file of the scanner.

If The X-Men legacy one has "HP" as scanner, the script will put that scan data in any comic with the same scanner image tag.

That is what the script is doing, how to prevent that from happening is another thing...

I have thought of some ways of dealing with this cases... one could be a black list for comics, and a black list for scanners... so that we could say the script to "ignore" this cases... Let me think about it more, and perhaps I can reach a better solution :)

Btw, why would you put HP in the X-Men Legacy scan information, when the file itself says it is from DangerAngel-CPS, that is exactly the scanner you want in the other book? I don't understand that. Perhaps if I understand the why I can find a better solution that contemplate this cases better.

edit: I think I found a MUCH better solution, let me think about it while I sleep and I will work in it (it has something to do with statics and picking in case of many possible answers the most probable one :P)
Last Edit: 3 weeks 16 hours ago by Xelloss.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 7 hours ago #48450

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
I would not put HP there; the script is doing it. I take a batch of issues, about 20 or so, to keep it manageable, that I think might have scanner info, run the script on them, and then check them each to be sure that the scanner info that may have been put in is accurate. This is how I am testing the script. What I am telling you is that, in this case, when I ran the script, where the script should have put the scanner info as DangerAngel-CPS, it put it as HP. The only two files the script would have hashed as HP are...

Police Comics #15 (January, 1943) (HP).cbr
Police Comics #59 (October, 1946) (HP).cbr

Neither of these files have any other scanner data other than the file name. I don't know why the script would use HP as the name, but I would not want it to.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 5 hours ago #48453

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Downloading those 2 files to look at them :)

Apart from them, which are the comic that right now, because of the script, has that Scanner Info? (or you empty the field in the ones my script put HP?)

There should be one comic from those two, and one comic in your collection that is making some kind of link... I am trying to find it XD

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 3 hours ago #48454

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
OK! I found WHERE THE PROBLEM IS, and that is I am a fool XDD

My script will search Scanners found in your library in book filenames... in this case HP is in flasHPOint...

Of course this is a stupid way to do it, I will fix this and this problem will disappear XD (I assumed that people complete always "Scanner: name of scanner", that was my mistake... never thought people could put names in there without "scanner" XD)
Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 hours ago by Xelloss.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 3 hours ago #48455

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Try this version:

File Attachment:

File Name: ScannerSca...crplugin
File Size:132 KB

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 weeks 2 hours ago #48456

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Trying now... Dude, I just had the most horrible last 3 hours! My dog had, out of nowhere and with no prior problems, a big seizure. I've already been to the Vet and had him checked out and if it happens again, it's treatable and he can still live a long life. But it was frightening as hell, I thought he was dying. So, sorry for the delay :blink: .
Marty Pasko
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Who's Online

We have 233 guests and 5 members online