Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 2 weeks 4 days ago #48457

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Nope, did it again, this time to Flashpoint - The Outsider #03 (October, 2011).cbr. Strangely, it ignored the Captain Cold comic and put nothing there.

Yeah, what I do is run the script on a batch of files and if it is successful, I keep the name, I just use the remove/replace script to remove the Scanner: prefix. I don't think that's an error, just something that you could have as an option down the road when you get to adding configuration options. If it is not successful, as in the case of the HP tag, then I just clear it out to report to you.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 2 weeks 4 days ago #48458

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
Alan Scott wrote:
Trying now... Dude, I just had the most horrible last 3 hours! My dog had, out of nowhere and with no prior problems, a big seizure. I've already been to the Vet and had him checked out and if it happens again, it's treatable and he can still live a long life. But it was frightening as hell, I thought he was dying. So, sorry for the delay :blink: .

O_O And you are sorry for the delay?! Yo didnt even delay at all... Is your dog ok?

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 2 weeks 4 days ago #48459

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Alan Scott wrote:
Nope, did it again, this time to Flashpoint - The Outsider #03 (October, 2011).cbr. Strangely, it ignored the Captain Cold comic and put nothing there.

Yeah, what I do is run the script on a batch of files and if it is successful, I keep the name, I just use the remove/replace script to remove the Scanner: prefix. I don't think that's an error, just something that you could have as an option down the road when you get to adding configuration options. If it is not successful, as in the case of the HP tag, then I just clear it out to report to you.

mmh... What I did as to fix the false positive in Captain Cold case... it was a problem with HP in the scanner list and HP in the name (flasHPoint), which was wrong as how I recognised scanners in filenames... As this case was the last case my script tries, to fix this meant the script to not recognise the scanner... Now if you say this should recognise something is another issue, I will look into it and tell you where is the problem (and if it can be fixed)

I wil download Flashpoint - The Outsider #03 (October, 2011).cbr now and try to see why it keeps putting HP as scanner (it should be fixed by now, I don't understand what is happening now)

About the Scanner: prefix, don't worry about that, I have already changed the script to make it no difference if you have or not the prefix :)
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Xelloss.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 2 weeks 4 days ago #48460

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
He's fine now, thanks. He's never had any trouble at all besides some minor allergies, but as he was sleeping on the couch (he's a good calm Black Labrador who doesn't shed much) all of a sudden he leapt off and started convulsing and seizing up. His face was contorting too. I honestly thought he was dying. Within minutes, as I was dressing to get him to the Vet, he was walking around clumsily then as we got outside the house he was fine like nothing happened.

The Vet is certain it is a condition called Idiopathic Epilepsy, which can occur in breeds like Labs within the age of 1-5 years (he's almost five). She said it is treatable with medication if it occurs again and, while very scary to witness, is not life-threatening. It was nice to get home and have the script to distract me from the shock of all that.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 2 weeks 4 days ago #48461

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Alan Scott wrote:
He's fine now, thanks. He's never had any trouble at all besides some minor allergies, but as he was sleeping on the couch (he's a good calm Black Labrador who doesn't shed much) all of a sudden he leapt off and started convulsing and seizing up. His face was contorting too. I honestly thought he was dying. Within minutes, as I was dressing to get him to the Vet, he was walking around clumsily then as we got outside the house he was fine like nothing happened.

The Vet is certain it is a condition called Idiopathic Epilepsy, which can occur in breeds like Labs within the age of 1-5 years (he's almost five). She said it is treatable with medication if it occurs again and, while very scary to witness, is not life-threatening. It was nice to get home and have the script to distract me from the shock of all that.

I understand you, a cat I had had for almost 10 years at home died that way some years ago U_U. We never knew what happened, she arrived dead at the vet... One of the worst days of my life... Vets don't do authopsies so we never knew what happened, she was all right a minute, the next minute she started convulsing, and 5 minutes later she was gone in my arms... we think it was either food poisoning or a bad kick my father gave her when he stupidly and clumsily tried to hit her "softly" when she was stealing our lunch hours before... we never forgave him just in case D:. I have very food memories of that cat U_U

About the script, this is the last versiom with all bugs you mentioned fixed (at least I hope they are):

File Attachment:

File Name: ScannerSca...crplugin
File Size:132 KB
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Xelloss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Scott

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 2 weeks 3 days ago #48467

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Hello! The latest version is working fantastically! My method is to run it against a handful of comics, and when the results are done, I check the comics to make sure the script got it right. Once corrections are made, I select the updated comics and run the script again against them so it learns the proper names. As I'm going along it's getting very reliable.

Here's one improvement you could make. The is a now defunct scanner group called, ah... TheGroup. Very creative ;) . TheGroup never seemed to use a scanner tag image nor a folder with their name, they as far as I can find, without exception, would use their name as part of the name of the comic's images, like this...

SuicideSquad_18_TheGroup-000.jpg

I could point you to a bunch of example comics where you'll find this practice. Do you think you could find some solution for this?

Also, in a sign of how well the script is performing, I'd love to see it perform a bit faster. Right now, each and every run takes about one minute. It makes take a while to get a lot of work done.

Thanks so much for this script!!!! I requested it but didn't really think someone would actually make it.
Marty Pasko
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xelloss

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 2 weeks 3 days ago #48468

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks! It wouldn't be posible without your constant help testing it! :)

About "TheGroup", the script recognise cases like that, the problem is because of the HP dilemma I made it so the scanner has to have a name more than 10 characters to be recognised (less than that would give false positives with names such as HP or things like that). I will work in a better way to recognise the names in file and try to include those cases...

About performance... it depends in the amount of comics you have, remember it has to compare every page of the comics you scan with every page in all your library... is a order 3 algorithm... with my 16k library it takes about 1 second... but with LARGE libraries it will take a lot longer... I will try to better performance, but I don't think there is space for much improvement there...

I will surely upload a new version later today to try to improve this things U_U

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 2 weeks 3 days ago #48469

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok, try this version and tell me if you notice any difference...

File Attachment:

I noticed it takes a lot more time to scan all library for pages (even when the files are already scan) than to compare the files you select... so the script will work faster for each book the more comics you select (I still don't recommend selecting a big number of comics at once yet)
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Xelloss.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 2 weeks 3 days ago #48470

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
New version with lot of changes:

File Attachment:

Thanks Alan Scott for all the testing you do every day :)

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 2 weeks 3 days ago #48474

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
New version, big update: Now it uses a cache to store library data (that can be shared)

File Attachment:

More info on this later :)
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Xelloss.
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Who's Online

We have 219 guests and 4 members online