Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 2 weeks 1 day ago #48475

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
New version:

Added two buttons, the first one will run the script as usual, the second one (refresh) will delete the cache (for te script to reload it the next time it runs)

File Attachment:

File Name: ScannerSca...crplugin
File Size:134 KB
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Scott

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 2 weeks 1 day ago #48480

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Tinkering a lot with the code for this version:

File Attachment:

File Name: ScannerSca...crplugin
File Size:134 KB

This version should get less false positives and should specially be A LOT faster than previous version...

On the other hand, I changed A LOT of lines this time, so new bugs not present before are possible...

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 1 week 4 days ago #48498

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Here's the first of many cache files to be shared to improve the script more and more..

Cache File

.. for anyone who might interested in this, the script is starting to work very well for me. Quick and accurate. I would not run it against your whole library at one time yet, but go a little at a time and give it a check over to be sure the data is right. If you feel you need a little more safety, just make a backup of your comicdb.xml file and if you need to you can always use it to get things back. Unless you take the further steps of renaming the file or adding an xml file in your comics the script itself won't do anything to change your files.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Alan Scott.

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 1 week 3 days ago #48500

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks, with this file I could recognised almost 8000 comics that has the scanner data missing!

By doing so, however, I noticed some things I would like to change in the script (about the field standarization) :)

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 days 4 hours ago #48571

• beardyandy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Xeloss,

Got a few questions for you please

1) A suggestion - is there any way to add any feedback about progress. (Or where do I look for logging?). I probably need to do a clean install of comicrack but it keeps crashing (when doing other things as well). Or at least when it thinks it's finished. (see question 4)
2) Would it be possible to store the hashvalue in the xml of the cbz?
3) In another thread you kindly suggested this could be used for files with Scanner unknown or no info - is it simple for me to edit that code? I've had a quick look but don't really know python. I'll keep looking though
4) Interestingly I'm seeing a few files that have valid scanner info in them that aren't being hashed, but this could relate to question 1, I'm not sure it's finishing but I'll keep playing - trying to do a few things at once here.
5) I thought, reading previous posts, that it would try hashing only selected files. Pressing the button up top seems to be hashing everything (?) Maybe I didn't select 1 file but I think I did.
6) Out of interest - how many and which pages is it hashing? The values in page_hash don't seem to be 1 per page so I presume you're doing a subset. Which surely must be the same every time? Or are the values totals?

I'll happily send you over my hash data when I'm done with all this - won't be for a while yet. Problem is I'm not confident they'll all be correct. Is there some sort of voting logic you'll use for a database of all these. e.g. 3 people think it's one scanner and my collection thinks it's another one.

Alan Scott or Xelloss - would you mind reposting PMing a link to that previous cache file please- the link's expired

Alan - Glad to hear the dog is OK!

Overall this is an amazingly useful tool. It's finally a way to uniquely identify each scan and that's huge. Get a seperate database that links the hash to the comicvine_issue and suddenly people's future scans become very simple where the filename doesn't fit well into the comicvine scraper (or we're all tediously having to deal with multiple volumes of the same series). - I appreciate that comicvine isn't always accurate but I personally don't change any information from that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xelloss

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 3 days 4 hours ago #48572

• beardyandy
  • Fresh Boarder
PS God I really don't understand Python. Where's the cache located?

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 1 day 7 hours ago #48605

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
AAAAAAH! why everything happen when I don't have time to see it?! XD

Please, wait me a pair of weeks and I will read all you wrote and answer, sorry U_U

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 1 day 7 hours ago #48606

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
beardyandy wrote:
PS God I really don't understand Python. Where's the cache located?

the cache is located in your Documents folder... (it is temporary while the script is pre-beta)

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 1 day 7 hours ago #48607

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
beardyandy wrote:
Overall this is an amazingly useful tool. It's finally a way to uniquely identify each scan and that's huge. Get a seperate database that links the hash to the comicvine_issue and suddenly people's future scans become very simple where the filename doesn't fit well into the comicvine scraper (or we're all tediously having to deal with multiple volumes of the same series). - I appreciate that comicvine isn't always accurate but I personally don't change any information from that.

I have thought about that, linking the info with the comicvine information... but it would be as killing a bunny with a machinegun... Most comics have MANY scanners scanning them, and it would only recognised comics of the same scanner... It is something only for scanner info for now... I will think about other uses later :P

About all other questions, wait for me a few weeks and I promise I will answer everything :)

Scanners technical question... and posible forum communitie project 1 day 7 hours ago #48608

• beardyandy
  • Fresh Boarder
No rush and thanks for looking at this
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Who's Online

We have 303 guests and 5 members online