Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: What the heck is going on?!

What the heck is going on?! 6 months 3 weeks ago #51049

• bfollowell
  • Fresh Boarder
I was having an issue with ComicRack and came here to post and request some help. When I got here, I found most of the forums inundated with pages and pages of spam crap and most of the legitimate posts being a minimum of 3 months old. Then I saw a post about ComicRack being dead and abandoned and started trying to remember the last time I updated it and saw that I'm running the most recent revision, and that it's from almost three years ago!

So, were these posts correct? Is ComicRack no longer being supported/developed? And why isn't anyone maintaining the forums?

I've always loved ComicRack and hate the idea of moving to another app.

Anyone have any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What the heck is going on?! 5 months 8 hours ago #56655

• mcpierce
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
I've been a huge fan of CR for years now as well. But I think it's pretty much history now, unfortunately.

But you can check out my project I'm working on: ComiXed -- github.com/mcpierce/comixed

My goal with it is to be a total digital comic manager. Think iTunes for comics.
Last Edit: 5 months 8 hours ago by mcpierce.

What the heck is going on?! 2 months 1 week ago #62512

• alb123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
But doesn't iTunes suck? :-P HaHaHaHa I'm just messing with you. I'm very happy to see a new project in development. Unfortunately, i don't possess any skills to contribute to development.

I just got into reading comics within the past 2 years, at the most. The only reason was because a friend brought over his external HDD and dropped a gazillion files into my home network. Sadly, they are disorganized as heck and there are a ton of dupes. It's just a big mess. I cleaned up a really good size of it but I just had a system crash that lost my library.

I've tried several programs for organizing and reading comics and none of them came close to Comic Rack in terms of features & capabilities. The only downside with CR is that development stopped a long time ago. I wish you well. i look forward to seeing what you've come up with once you put out a public release.

Cheers!

What the heck is going on?! 2 months 5 days ago #62514

• ooha
  • Fresh Boarder
looks like this project is no longer in development & its support is/was also abandoned.

so welcome to a new project @mcpierce

What the heck is going on?! 1 month 4 weeks ago #62517

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 35
To answer your questions.

The main dev is MIA and no work has taken place. The program still runs and I use it everyday but there should be no expectation of any updates or bug fixes.

There is only one moderator left who visits the board at all and he has no ability to create new mods and and he has said he doesn't have the time to keep foghting the spam so if the spam comes back again that will likely be the end of this board.
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds

Who's Online

We have 461 guests and no members online