Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: Could it get anybetter than this?

Could it get anybetter than this? 8 years 1 month ago #4400

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Could it get anybetter than this? 8 years 1 month ago #4401

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Holy crap, Perez! THIS is what I've been waiting for. My absolute dream item. Do you have any idea what the operating system might be for this? Is there a chance to have ComicRack on it? cYo, I would love to hear your thoughts.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:Could it get anybetter than this? 8 years 1 month ago #4402

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
Alan Scott wrote:
Holy crap, Perez! THIS is what I've been waiting for. My absolute dream item. Do you have any idea what the operating system might be for this? Is there a chance to have ComicRack on it? cYo, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Yep, a dream come true... I think there are still no specs on processor or OS, but how long do you think that beauty could last without someone installing linux in it?!?!?!

Regarding ComicRack... we might as well donate one to cYo, or else... :P

Re:Could it get anybetter than this? 8 years 1 month ago #4403

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
I went to a wiki page about ASUS Eee PCs, which the articles said this was an iteration of, and they originally used linux, and now there are also versions with XP. Hopefully, cYo would only need to do a little work on ComicRack's format, and we can get it on there. I just spoke with my wife, and she knows that this is what I've been waiting for, so I'm saving the cash right now so I can get it release day. I have never done that before, I'm usually a patient, level-headed guy, but I can't wait to sit in my comfy chair and read a comic on it. This might be the thing that makes me give up reading paper altogether, which the trees will appreciate :laugh: .
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:Could it get anybetter than this? 8 years 1 month ago #4404

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
... can I borrow yours!?!?! ;)

Re:Could it get anybetter than this? 8 years 3 weeks ago #4454

• Bob
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Could it get anybetter than this? 8 years 3 weeks ago #4455

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
Ooooooooooooh! :blink:

That's awesome!!!!... but is it for real?

Re:Could it get anybetter than this? 7 years 11 months ago #4588

• kisa360
  • Junior Boarder
This looks interesting too.

Re:Could it get anybetter than this? 7 years 10 months ago #4682

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
News on this front has been surprisingly quiet, hasn't it? Asus is expected to make a formal announcement this month regarding their EBook reader. Hopefully, it will be a dual color panel, and not a E Ink/LCD combo like the Entourage EDGe that was recently put out for pre-order.

That Apple Tablet looks nice, but it is only a single panel, and I would expect the OS will make it harder to run your own code on.

I speak for myself, but I would really only spend money on a dual color screen, because I want to have a proper display of two page spreads. If Asus launches that reader with only one color screen and no other company makes any product like that soon, I'll probably just spend my money on a large screen notebook, like the Toshiba I've seen with a 18.4" display.
Marty Pasko

Re:Could it get anybetter than this? 7 years 10 months ago #4706

• Bob
  • Expert Boarder
More news on this front - the "JooJoo" might be available soon: www.pcworld.com/article/184032/joojoo_th...ts_reincarnated.html for around $500 from what I've been seeing, and then the Apple tablet is on and off again depending what news source you use, but I have a feeling it's going to be too 'spensive for my blood:

www.computerworld.com/s/article/9142028/...ts_say?taxonomyId=15
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Who's Online

We have 205 guests and 5 members online