Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: "No book is open"

"No book is open" 8 years 3 weeks ago #4465

hi Everyone

I just joined this forum. I got a few questions that I hope someone can answer or provide some information would be greatly appreciated.

I got some of e-comics from bittorrent website. Usually if they are all successfully downloaded, I would be able to view them thru ComicRack. Sometimes, I am unable to open some of them after sometime eg a few weeks later when I tried to read them again, I would always get this message called "No book is open" and there would be no comic loaded to ComicRack at all!

I kept getting this problem in almost all the comics that I had downloaded this way!!!!!!! It is so frustrating cos I was sure that I was able to read them before!
Is it becos the file (*.cbr or *.cbz ) is corrupted? Anyway I can get around this problem instead of reloading them from bit torrent website again? :-(
:(

Sh I move the comic files once they are successfully loaded to another backup drive or another drive location?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:"No book is open" 8 years 3 weeks ago #4468

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
If you move the eComics to an external drive via windows explorer,ComicRack doesn't update the file paths and tries to find the file in the original location.

You would have to use a script that moves files within ComicRack or add your external drive to the scan list in ComicRack and rescan the library.

This script allows you to move files to an external drive within ComicRack.

A good way to test if a file is corrupt is to use the 7zip utility. Once installed you can right-click on a file in windows explorer go to 7-zip->Test Archive, and it will report if there are errors.

~Stonepaw
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Stonepaw.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Who's Online

We have 218 guests and 7 members online