Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: linux?

linux? 7 years 9 months ago #4751

• pcvii
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I know in the past people got this to run in linux. I was wondering if that was still possible. I made the jump from windows to linux and the one thing I've been missing is ComicRack. Even though the last version I used took a while to load my huge library it was the only thing i really had to help me organize everything.

I think some of you can get this to work in wine. I'm trying to right now. Can anyone give me some tips?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:linux? 7 years 9 months ago #4760

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
I had some progress with latest wine (1.34) on fedora core 12/rawhide, by moving a full WinXP installation, where i had already installed all .Net Frameworks, into wine's windows folder, thereby using all native dlls.

The program opens correctly as long as you remove the show comicrack news checkbox (by the way, how do i remove that from the .ini file?). would still hang about 30 seconds into using it, on seemingly random locations in the program, not always the same.

But anyway, its still progress, considering how it would refuse to run on earlier wine's.

fK

Re:linux? 7 years 9 months ago #4779

• pcvii
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Okay so since I can't get the .NET 3.5 to install on wine the only alternative is to install it on a windows machine and copy the libraries over to wine? And I guess that's the only reason why it isn't working on wine.

Re:linux? 7 years 9 months ago #4782

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
Well, it worked-for-me(tm), at least to get the app to launch.

I couldn't get .net 3.5 installing on wine either. Personally, i find the process of setting up wine to run any app pretty much trial-and-error, and many times having to restart it from scratch. There is always some setting, somewhere, that just breaks everything in wonderfully unexpected ways.

I have higher expectations with each new wine version tho.

Happy new year,
and good luck,
fK

Re:linux? 7 years 9 months ago #4799

• Troberg
  • Fresh Boarder
I have not tried it on CR, but overall, I've hade more success running Windows software through Wine when I've made a portable version with ThinStall first. That way, all needed files are there, and everything just works nicer.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and 10 members online