Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scaper new version

Comic Vine Scaper new version 1 month 6 days ago #64054

• Bob
  • Expert Boarder
Saving others the trouble_ if you just noticed your ComicVine Scraper isn't working remember the newest version is at github.com/cbanack/comic-vine-scraper/wi...oad-and-Installation

Thanks Cbanack!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scaper new version 1 month 5 days ago #64055

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
As always: Thanks Cbanack!

Comic Vine Scaper new version 2 weeks 4 days ago #64059

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
If you want my modified version of the search filter, this "patch" still works with the last version:

comicrack.cyolito.com/media/kunena/attac...-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.zip

Just replace the file in the script folder

(I tried it in the last version unmodified and I didn't find any problem, if someone find something modified in the last version of the original file not in this one please tell me and I will make a new one based in the last version)

If you don't know what this patch is for, it is for "improving" the results when searching comics. Instead of all comics with one word in common with your search, it will only filter those comics with most words in common. It makes a lot faster to search for comics in 90% of the cases, although sometimes it will not show as many results as the original version (in those cases just customize your search deleting conflict words). The idea is to emulate how the old api searching process worked... by filtering results. It also reduce loading times in case of many results (more than 100) and make it easier to look for comics with very common words in them.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Xelloss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drybonz, ghoti

Comic Vine Scaper new version 1 week 1 day ago #64062

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Just a quick thing, CV Scraper gets confused when it searches for a title containing '&' or 'and'
For example if I search "Batman & The Signal" or "Batman and The Signal" it will only offer the single issue TPB, if I knock out the 'and' - search for "Batman The Signal" it will show the single issue and the 3 issue series (which is ilsted as Batman & The Signal) Its other titles as well, not just Batman.
I think its searching '&' as the word 'and' and ignoring the symbol '&' in its own right.

Just a small niggle but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for everything everyone does.
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by ghoti.

Comic Vine Scaper new version 4 days 5 hours ago #64063

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
ghoti wrote:
Just a quick thing, CV Scraper gets confused when it searches for a title containing '&' or 'and'
For example if I search "Batman & The Signal" or "Batman and The Signal" it will only offer the single issue TPB, if I knock out the 'and' - search for "Batman The Signal" it will show the single issue and the 3 issue series (which is ilsted as Batman & The Signal) Its other titles as well, not just Batman.
I think its searching '&' as the word 'and' and ignoring the symbol '&' in its own right.

Just a small niggle but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for everything everyone does.

Are you using my patrch or the original search algorithm? If the first I will look into that

edit:

try this one and see if it fixes the problem:

File Attachment:

File Name: cvdb-2-3-4...9-10.zip
File Size:9 KB
Last Edit: 4 days 5 hours ago by Xelloss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ghoti

Comic Vine Scaper new version 3 days 10 hours ago #64064

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you so much Xelloss thats worked perfectly. :)
I guess it was your patch! :P

Comic Vine Scaper new version 1 day 4 hours ago #64066

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
It was and it wasn't.

What happened was that the script before doing the search in the api changes some thing to optimize the search. One of the changes is to change & for and (this is in the original script and still part of the patched one).

Before the changes in the api, this was done, I suppose, to adapt to how the api filtered the results itself. Now that the API give you all results with the words you use is not a problem because a word or two doesnt change the results given (only the order)

The problem was that my filtering, the one in the patch, filters by your original search and not the modified one. So the script used "and" in the search, but filtered by "&". Doing any, by "and" or by "&" wouldnt be a problem, bit both have to be the same to work ok. In this case I modified my part so that now "&" and "and" is the same. It not only fixes this issue, but also help with the original problem as intended. :)
Last Edit: 1 day 4 hours ago by Xelloss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ghoti

Comic Vine Scaper new version 1 day 1 hour ago #64067

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
Excellent, I'm glad you managed to figure it out. (And you managed to work out what I was trying to describe!)

Thanks again mate. B)
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Who's Online

We have 142 guests and one member online