Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: The Scripts... Which ones are worth getting...

The Scripts... Which ones are worth getting... 7 years 9 months ago #6048

and what do they really do?

What are the scripts you would recommend and please give a brief description of their functions.

If you read my other post further down the page, I've read through a lot of the threads in the "Scripts" section... But I don't really understand them. I'm looking for a simpler description.
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Shocking_Stuff. Reason: Further Clarification.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Scripts... Which ones are worth getting... 7 years 9 months ago #6082

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
Each individual script thread states, pretty plainly, what the scripts actually do.
As far as "are they worth getting" I think the answer is "if you're going to use them, sure!"

I'm...not really 100% this is what you're really asking so this is probably unhelpful.

Re:The Scripts... Which ones are worth getting... 7 years 9 months ago #6083

As shinrai says, they all state what they "really do" on their download pages. The only one I use regularly is the ComicVine Scraper. I have my own Files & Folders-type script that I use but I wrote my own version of that. I don't really find anything else that I've seen posted particularly useful, but your actual mileage may vary.

Re:The Scripts... Which ones are worth getting... 7 years 9 months ago #6087

• bkagan
  • Senior Boarder
it's still being worked on but the Wiki guide explains briefly what some of the more popular scripts do.

And they are only as worthwhile as you make them.

Re: The Scripts... Which ones are worth getting... 7 years 9 months ago #6156

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Shinrai wrote:
I'm...not really 100% this is what you're really asking so this is probably unhelpful.

Sounds like he is asking for a brief, one-thread summary of the popular scripts instead of having to read through the entire script forum and test them all out, which seems like a reasonable request.

I don't use any scripts or I would be happy to give you some recommendations... maybe some other people can chime in with their "top scripts" list.

Re: The Scripts... Which ones are worth getting... 7 years 9 months ago #6201

That's exactly right, Drybonz...

I've actually read most of the threads in the "Script" section.

To be honest, I can't really decypher the information to understand exactly what a lot. Thus, I find it kinda hard to determine which ones might be helpful to me.

So, I'm sorry if the subject question was a little vague... But, yeah.. I'm asking for recommended scripts and a brief description of their functions.

Re: The Scripts... Which ones are worth getting... 7 years 9 months ago #6205

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Shocking_Stuff wrote:
To be honest, I can't really decypher the information to understand exactly what a lot. Thus, I find it kinda hard to determine which ones might be helpful to me. I'm asking for recommended scripts and a brief description of their functions.
The best bet for you is to go to the "News and Announcements" section, and look at the scripts there. These are the current top-rated recommended scripts of the forum, and are currently under active development. Very very soon, a description of "what they do" and "how to use them" will be added. It would be much easier for you then.

Edit: Organize Library Files & Folders section now contains a brief description of the script. If you still have any related query, please ask it there or in oraclexview's thread

Shocking_Stuff wrote:
So, I'm sorry if the subject question was a little vague...
Yes, exactly that off-handed approach of posting kept me away from answering your query.. :dry:

Keep in touch with the "News and Announcements" section for future updates and recommendations :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: The Scripts... Which ones are worth getting... 7 years 8 months ago #6376

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
600WPMPO wrote:
Edit: Organize Library Files & Folders section now contains a brief description of the script. If you still have any related query, please ask it there or in oraclexview's thread

I like your "News and Announcements" format that you setup. I'll be sure to keep it well maintained as I update the script further in the near future. I'm also in the process of shoring up some extra time to devote to this forum so that we can get the wiki updated with more helpful information and directions for ComicRack users.

So again, thank you buddy!
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds

Who's Online

We have 208 guests and 3 members online