Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Some Suggestions

Some Suggestions 7 years 8 months ago #6580

• bugger
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey this is an awesome comic book viewer. The best I've seen so far. I just had some suggestions for it after using it for awhile.

* Add an autohide option for the menu so you can move your mouse to the top or bottom of the screen to open it. I think the Navigation Overlay should be on the bottom by default. Seems a more natural place to put it.

* When the mouse pointer is on the Navigation Overlay the mouse wheel should be able to scroll through the panels instead of still scrolling the page.

* The buttons on the Navigation Overlay to go to Next/Previous or First/Last page are too far apart imo. It gets a little tedious if you want to go forward and back quickly you have to constantly move your mouse to the opposite sides of the screen. They should be right next to each other. Something like this:

* Maybe have an option for the navigation buttons to be permanently visible on the bottom or top of the screen like in the picture above?

* Can you add wheel and click gestures to the list of configurable keyboard/mouse controls? i.e. holding down the right mouse button and scrolling the wheel to zoom in and out or holding down right mouse button and clicking left mouse button to go to top or bottom of the page.

* Let us add or remove buttons to the menu toolbar and re-position them

* I think this was already posted but letting us disable going to next/previous page by scrolling

That's all I can think of right now. I know some of it's nitpicking so it's not a huge deal. I just think it would make this great program even better. Thanks again for it!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Some Suggestions 7 years 8 months ago #6581

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23
I agree with most of what you said.

Just to let you know you can disable option in preferences 'Scrolling to page margin browses to new pages'.

And try clicking on corners of the screen while viewing comics. you may find this more convenient way to move though pages. for example: clicking in the upper right corner goes to the next page and clicking in lower right corner first scrolls down the page and then goes to the next one.
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by quidam.

Re: Some Suggestions 7 years 8 months ago #6592

• bugger
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
thx for the tip about disabling the next/previous page by scrolling

I tried what you said about clicking on the corners of the screen but nothing happened?

Re: Some Suggestions 7 years 8 months ago #6593

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
BTW if next/prev buttons in the navigation overlay are too wide apart: you can also click on the page images in the center to to there.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Who's Online

We have 213 guests and 3 members online