Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: What Is This ComicRack Area Called?

What Is This ComicRack Area Called? 7 years 6 months ago #7083

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm doing some Wiki writing, and I need to reference this area, but I'm not sure what it's official title is:

While I'm asking questions, what exactly is a "Workspace"? I've never had any reason to edit one (that I know of) and if I need to reference it, it would be nice to actually know what it is ;) .

Thanks in advance for any help here.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What Is This ComicRack Area Called? 7 years 6 months ago #7107

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
Just read your post in the announcement thread, sorry I missed this earlier....

Alan Scott wrote:
I'm doing some Wiki writing, and I need to reference this area, but I'm not sure what it's official title is:
I don't know it's official title in ComicRack, but that type of control is commonly called a Toolbar.
While I'm asking questions, what exactly is a "Workspace"? I've never had any reason to edit one (that I know of) and if I need to reference it, it would be nice to actually know what it is ;) .
A workspace is a way to save multiple configurations of the user interface. This makes it easy to have multiple configurations at your beck and call.

For example, my cataloging/library browsing workspace has the library in fill mode, while I read with the library in docked mode so I can have it full screen with no distractions. (Thanks to you wiki article btw for showing me how to do that, +1 well deserved karma). The workspace feature allows me to change between those configuration with just a couple of clicks.
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Stonepaw.

Re:What Is This ComicRack Area Called? 7 years 6 months ago #7110

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Stonepaw wrote:
For example, my cataloging/library browsing workspace has the library in fill mode, while I read with the library in docked mode so I can have it full screen with no distractions. The workspace feature allows me to change between those configuration with just a couple of clicks.
In this specific scenario, to change workspace, 3 keyboard clicks (Ctrl + shift + F1) or 3 mouse actions (Tools-->workspaces--->Saved_workspace)are required.

Comparing with 2 mouse actions (Dock-->Fill), why not simply click the dock from 'fill' mode to 'left/right' with "just a couple of clicks"... ;)

p.s. just nit-picking.. I love workspaces :laugh:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re:What Is This ComicRack Area Called? 7 years 6 months ago #7128

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
@ Stonepaw - Thanks for the response. There are a few toolbars in ComicRack, so I was hoping it had a concise title. Well, if cYo doesn't already have one in mind, wanna name it ourselves? Master Toolbar? Primary Toolbar?

Okay, so I guess I'll have to do some messing around with a secondary database and see if I can get the hang of workspace editing. I'll need to if I want to get to a complete Wiki. At least you were able to give me some idea what it is. I usually look at it with fear :P .

I'm glad to know that my Wiki work is already helping out! Not bad for one day's effort.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:What Is This ComicRack Area Called? 7 years 6 months ago #7134

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I'd call it more like 'comic control toolbar' or something. If you say 'primary', personally I'd think you meant the library toolbar.

Re:What Is This ComicRack Area Called? 7 years 5 months ago #7231

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
I've finally got it.. its called the "Reader toolbar"

Here is my view of what are the main components of the ComicRack window:

These are the components of the ComicRack window. The Library Browser (1), Folder Browser (2), and Pages Browser (3) are all integrated with the Browser window and the Browser toolbar. The Sidebar has a Favorites window at the top, and a Small Preview at the bottom. The Reader opens eComics in a tabbed interface, and has its own Reader Toolbar.
Is it Ok ?
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re:What Is This ComicRack Area Called? 7 years 5 months ago #7232

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Awesome, thanks! Works for me. I'm on vacation this week, but I'll be back to work on the Wiki Monday. Preferences will be a bear...
Marty Pasko
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Who's Online

We have 199 guests and one member online