Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: What is a TITLE?

What is a TITLE? 7 years 7 months ago #7443

Ok so I looked around to see if I could find any info on this, so either I didn't look hard enough, or it's not there. Anyway, I've been using comicrack for at least a year and have progressively ordered my library more and more over time. I understand several of the fields that can be used, but the title field has been difficult for me to figure out. I understand that the Series could be: Batman and Robin, Batman, Detective Comics, Red Robin etc. But would I put for the title? Until Recently I would give all of those a Batman Title. But some series don't seem to be able to share a title with anything else.

I'd been using this system for awhile, but recently started using comicvine scraper, and it likes to be the story arc title in the Title field, so it got me to wandering if i'd been doing this wrong. What do you think? Any opinions or guidance would be appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What is a TITLE? 7 years 7 months ago #7444

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
A title is the name of the story published in a particular issue of a series. Usually, it could be found within the first few pages of an eComic.

e.g. Batman & Robin page 6 has the words "Batman Reborn, Part Two: The Circus Of Strange". Here "Batman Reborn" is what we call the Storyline title/Alternate series/Story-Arc, and "Part Two: The Circus Of Strange" or simply "The Circus Of Strange" is the title.

The Comicvine scraper efficiently fills these metadata in the comic info dialog for you quite correctly:

I hope this information helped you B)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: What is a TITLE? 7 years 7 months ago #7445

• pokeone
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
As far as I know the title is considered to be the title of that particular issue, which is how I do it, and as you have found out is how comicvine does it. I don't think that the story arc is part of the title unless the issue is part of a major crossover, or a major internal story event.
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by pokeone.

Re: What is a TITLE? 7 years 7 months ago #7446

ahh ok, I see. So is there any field where I can put the stuff I have in the title? I like using the browser and easily clicking to see all my Batman or X-Men or Green Lantern comics, instead of navigating by each series. Maybe I could transfer this to Tags or something that I don't really use.

thanks for the help!

Re:What is a TITLE? 7 years 7 months ago #7468

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Use the smartlist feature for this.

A simple smarlist like this would suffice:

Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Who's Online

We have 257 guests and 3 members online