Welcome, Guest
General discussion about ComicRack

TOPIC: Question about fileless comics

Question about fileless comics 7 years 2 months ago #9469

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Hi,

I have spent (and still do) a lot of time sorting, scraping and removing duplicates, trying to set my library manegeable. This has kept me away from scripting and from trying some of the new features of latest releases.

It seems about time I begin to try the fileless thingy now, which sounds great. I have a question though (since the manual is out of date :P ): when you create a new fileless entry and add a new real comic to the library, does it overwrite and remove the previous fileless entry or you have to manually do this? I am a little lost on how to handle this fileless entries altogether.

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Question about fileless comics 7 years 2 months ago #9470

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
fileless entries are just database entries. so if you add the same as a file you will have two entries and will have to delete one (duplicate finder). You can also link an existing fileless entry to a file (button in the dialog) or write a script that does all the work (fileless entries are just books with an empty path).

The whole fileless thingy is just there so you do not need any of these ComicDB programs any more.

To catalog your paper collection do the following:
* Add entries for each comic (best with the add series dialog)
* Run comicvine scraper on it and get all the data. Maybe a future version of the comicvine scraper will also set the correct thumbnail.

Re: Question about fileless comics 7 years 2 months ago #9473

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Thanks for the explanations cYo,

this seems like a good place to resume my sripting activity!!!! If the comicvine scraper is enhanced to download the covers for fileless entries, this would be just incredible!

Cheeers :woohoo:

Question about fileless comics 1 year 6 months ago #45482

• Bigby65
  • Fresh Boarder
Every time I try to link a fileless entry to an actual comic book I get the same error:

"This file is already used in the Library"

(I apologize if this has already been asked and answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find this in my search for "Fileless")
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Who's Online

We have 316 guests and 5 members online