Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Getting rid of the stupid thumbnail it gets in the way

Getting rid of the stupid thumbnail it gets in the way 9 years 7 months ago #1104

What the hell were they on when they made this who thought it'd be a good idea to make it so the bottom right part of the screen is always obscured? WHO?

How do I get rid of it
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Getting rid of the stupid thumbnail it gets in the way 9 years 7 months ago #1107

• wash
  • Junior Boarder
I'll assume you're just aggravated and thats why your acting like a jerk... :angry:

edit --> preferences --> behavior

Under the "Reading" sub-heading, uncheck "show page part overlay" (or visible page part overlay)

btw, the overlay picture should disappear after a few seconds anyway, I think. I don't know why it would stay on all the time like that...

Re:Getting rid of the stupid thumbnail it gets in the way 9 years 6 months ago #1272

• hierodule
  • Fresh Boarder
wash wrote:
edit --> preferences --> behavior

Under the "Reading" sub-heading, uncheck "show page part overlay" (or visible page part overlay)

Thanks for the tip, Wash. I found the thumbnail to be an unnecessary distraction (it "nagged" me to look at it, as it were), even if it faded after a few seconds... and I wasn't sure where to switch that off (or if it actually could be). My reading is more fluid now.

I don't know... maybe the author could give those of us who switch it off the option of pressing a key (like F5) to make it appear on demand, on the rare instance that I might want to mini-preview the whole page. In that case, it would be some thing that I'm consciously doing, and not an automatic pop-up that interrupts my flow of reading. But then again, maybe that is an option already available and I'm not aware of it yet?

About the OP: I agree that the lack of civility of the OP was totally uncalled for. All he had to do was to stick to the question without appending to it any unnecesary animosity.

I, for one, appreciate a LOT the efforts of the creator of CR. I am a former user of CDisplay, and switching to CR was like a blast of fresh air.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Who's Online

We have 244 guests and one member online