Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: I need to permently remove a page.

I need to permently remove a page. 9 years 4 months ago #1204

• Ty1976
  • Fresh Boarder
When I select a page to be removed it doesnt remove the page from the file. It looks like it jsut removes it from my reading order. Id there a way to permantly delete the page? I hate having adds. 5 pages a comic is alot of wasted HD space.
Any help is apreciated.
Thanks
Ty
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I need to permently remove a page. 9 years 4 months ago #1205

• robstandard
  • Junior Boarder
Yeah, that should be easy, assuming the filetype is CBZ or CBR. See these files are basically just images in ZIP (for .cbz) or RAR (for .cbr) files , and you can open them with programs that handle these files. I use WinRAR. Next you need to identify which .jpg is the page you want to delete. You can extract the files and figure out the filename, and then delete it in the archive. I can just click on the file and hit delete in WinRAR, and it deletes from INSIDE the file for me. Hope that helps.

Re:I need to permently remove a page. 9 years 4 months ago #1206

• Ty1976
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks much. Didn't relize I could do it that way. I was hoping there was a way through Comic Rack to do it... Darn

I think I found one way. I delete the pages and then save it as .cbz is there a "best" format?
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Ty1976.

Re:I need to permently remove a page. 9 years 4 months ago #1207

• robstandard
  • Junior Boarder
Zip files/.cbz is the best because it's an open format, also ComicRack has additional features that take advantage of CBZ/ZIP. CBR/RAR files are an issue since RAR is closed-source archive format.

Re:I need to permently remove a page. 9 years 4 months ago #1208

• mmalone27
  • Senior Boarder
I do this in ComicRack by going into Get Info for that comic, clicking the Pages tab, then right-clicking the unwanted page and selecting Mark as Deleted from the menu. You are correct that the page is still there. So, I do a convertion to CBT then a conversion to CBZ format (my preferred format) to remove the page from the archive.

BE CAREFUL. After the first conversion, if the deleted page was not at the end of the comic, whatever pages move into its former position will be marked as DELETED. I recently noticed this, and it may be a bug with the latest build. (Anyone want to confirm this?) So, before I convert to the final cbz format, I have to clear the deleted status by remarking any those pages back to Story or whatever. Otherwise, you may loose a page with the next format conversion.

Wow, I really hop my overly wordy explanation was helpful. Sorry if I added to the confusion.

Cheers,
MM27
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by mmalone27.

Re:I need to permently remove a page. 9 years 4 months ago #1210

• Ty1976
  • Fresh Boarder
I found out the exact same thing. After you convert it the pages you removed are gone and everything shifts up. But the status of the page stays the same. I have to go in and remark it all back to Story, Cover....

This is the easiest way I have found so far.
Ty
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Who's Online

We have 249 guests and 6 members online