Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Library not updateing right...

Library not updateing right... 9 years 6 months ago #1221

• Ty1976
  • Fresh Boarder
On my desktop I sepent hours updateing all my issues with months, alt series, volume # and everything else I felt like inputing. I then use my laptop and go to the folder that has all my comics. Not everything updates. I would say 75% of it did. But alot of it is still grayed out and the alt series isn't updateing on most. I can't find a connection to the ones that don't update. It seems to affect all files. .CBZ or .CBR. Am I not updateing my library right on my desktop or is something wrong with my laptops library?

Edit*Ok I know there is an issue with how the meta datta is being updated. I copied my folder to a second Folder. In the new folder all the meta data was lost in about 30% of the files. Is CR not saving it to the file correctly. Cause it worked with most of them.
Ty

Ok I found out that I can't copy the files that wont update. It gives me an error of Destination Folder Access Denied. It's my windows desktop, how do I have no access to it? Is this a network issue?
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Ty1976.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Library not updateing right... 9 years 5 months ago #1540

• Quaraxkad
  • Senior Boarder
I have a similar problem. I first started using ComicRack on my file-server while my main computer was down, waiting for upgrades. After adding info to comics and then installing ComicRack on my main PC, a lot of files are missing their info. The comics were stored locally on the server, and accessed on the main PC through a mapped network drive (Y:\). Most of them are cbr files, so there is no xml file inside the archive. Going back to the server and refreshing the library shows that these comics do still have info.

Does ComicRack have issues reading the secondary NTFS stream from a network share?

Re:Library not updateing right... 9 years 5 months ago #1631

• snorbaard
  • Junior Boarder
I think that, unless you have made sure that the comic data is written natively into the CBZ file (Comicrack can't do it on CBR) you're supposed use the library sharing feature (a la iTunes), which I admittedly haven't managed to get working between my main computer and laptop yet.
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Who's Online

We have 254 guests and one member online