Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Addingcomics to a Stack

Addingcomics to a Stack 7 years 9 months ago #20075

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
OK. wading through masses of information trying to understand this great program!
I'm trying to tidy up my Anita Blake Collection, Ive done a Comicvine scrape to update all the internal info on each comic, but when I choose Stack mode on the Android reader, it doesnt put all the episodes into the same stack - eg "Anita Blake Vampire Hunter - Guilty Pleasures" the stack only contains four episodes - 5,9,10,11, and then a Separate stack "Anita Blake - Vampire Hunter - Guilty Pleasures" contains another 7 different episodes, (note the extra hyphen in the second stack). Is this an error in comicvine? I've gone through the info and it looks the same naming routine for both stacks. I'll have another try with Planetary, but I dont think its an error I can fix,
Cheers guys
Steve
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by startreksteve.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Addingcomics to a Stack 7 years 9 months ago #20148

• donspace
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
startreksteve wrote:
OK. wading through masses of information trying to understand this great program!

I too am wading ... Your question is one among many that I expect to answer (for myself) once I've found my way out of the kiddie-pool. I've reached the point in my own CR experience where I'm only beginning to play around a bit with the library and stacks and all that sort of stuff.

So, keep that in mind as I offer this thought ...

It appears to me that your stack issue is based upon the naming conventions you've adopted. If you don't name your books consistently, especially within a given series, the result is likely to be more than one stack for that series. I don't know that CR stacks based upon internal data (as entered manually or via scrape) or strictly based upon the title assigned to a given file.

On the other hand, I may have completely misunderstood your question, for which I offer my ample posterior for immediate kicking about.

D
Java devil, you are now my bitch.

Re: Addingcomics to a Stack 7 years 8 months ago #20318

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
Can Ignore any other info (comicvine for eg) and sort and display my comics (on the Android tablet) purely by the containing folder name? eg Terminator I've got a ton of CBR's with that subject title & it would be nice to have them all stack into one place.

Re: Addingcomics to a Stack 7 years 8 months ago #20394

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
After much fiddling about, I've achieved the desired effect by simply renaming the CBR's with (Filename #01 etc) and taking off all the scanner and year info in the filename. Now all my comics are grouped into nice tidy stacks by the initial filename! Great!
Steve
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Who's Online

We have 143 guests and one member online