Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: What does "Files to Update" represent?

What does "Files to Update" represent? 7 years 9 months ago #20082

Hi all,
Long time stalker, first time poster.

I've just been getting into using the smart lists, and I'm a bit confused about the "Files to Update" smart list. Looking at the rules - it is set as "Modified Info is Yes".

On the surface, it seems to make sense - but in practice it doesn't seem to work as I would expect.

What does Modfied Info mean? Modified from the scrape? Modified from the initial addition of the file to the library?

What was the intention of this list? How would I 'update' a file in the list?

Thanks everyone,
mrPassenger
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What does "Files to Update" represent? 7 years 8 months ago #20209

So I think I figured out my confusion.
In my preferences, the "Allow Writing of Book Info into Files" was NOT checked.
Once I checked this - the orange state indicator showed up - and if I choose to "Update Book Files" the smart list count decreases as I would expect.

so my only question now would be, is there any reason NOT to select "Allow Writing of Book Info into Files"? (I suppose if you want cbr over cbz?) Am I right that if you don't save the info to the file, that it is still saved in a global database file?

Thanks,
-mrPassenger

Re: What does "Files to Update" represent? 7 years 8 months ago #20212

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 93
Writing info is turned off by default because we had a couple of people who get their files via filesharing services and continue to seed those files forever complain that it alters the checksum of the files if you edit them (which breaks their seeding). For 99% of users, you'll want to turn this on. If it's not enabled, yeah, it goes to a central file.

That setting is irrelevant for CBRs, since it's not possible to write to them in the first place.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Who's Online

We have 144 guests and one member online