Friday October 24 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Try to get help from other ComicRack users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Conversion to CBZ

Conversion to CBZ 2 years 9 months ago #20149

So I just learned that I can read CBZ files on my nook tablet without converting or using a third party app or anything. This is great news since I've been converting all my comics to epub, which is silly and time consuming. The nook will not however read CBRs. I know comicrack can convert from cbr to cbz which is great and really fast. But I have a very large library already and the files are mixed cbr and cbz. I've noticed that when I select a large group of files and convert them if they were already cbz the conversion breaks the file. Is there some way I could easily select only cbr files to convert in comicrack?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Conversion to CBZ 2 years 9 months ago #20150

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 628
You can make a smartlist based on type of the eComics and then only convert this list.

But what do you mean by "breaks the file"?

Re: Conversion to CBZ 2 years 9 months ago #20230

Thanks, I did figure out how to get all the CBRs in one list. And in reference to breaking the file, it would delete the original file which I think is a setting I can change, but if I tried to open the new file it would just display the 'cannot load page, try refreshing the page' message. I think the first time I ever converted something in CR I was given a dialog box where I could choose to delete the original after conversion etc. but I don't get the dialog box anymore, it probably is just some random thing I checked in that or something but I have no idea how to change it.

Re: Conversion to CBZ 2 years 9 months ago #20232

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 628
So if you check delete original file and the file was already a cbz (therefore was not converted) the original file was still deleted?
Can someone check this?

Re: Conversion to CBZ 2 years 6 months ago #22373

• enigma75
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
cYo wrote:
You can make a smartlist based on type of the eComics and then only convert this list.

But what do you mean by "breaks the file"?

I'm new to ComicRack, I tried to make a smartlist to pull all CBR files in my library, but got confused on how to go about doing it. (The computer I'm currently on doesn't have ComicRack installed, so I can't reference what my smartlist contains.) I'm not sure of the exact metadata field I chose (something to do with filetype or filename) and instructed it to pull anything with CBR...nothing happens.

So, I guess I'm asking what metadata field, instruction, and keyword do I need to make it work.

I'm still playing around with everything, but I'm sure I'll have more questions pretty soon!

-Enigma75

Re: Conversion to CBZ 2 years 6 months ago #22387

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
I use a smartlist set as

File Format - contains - RAR

and that should pull up anything that's not a cbz file (even rars renamed to cbz instead of cbr)

and

File - contains - cbr

for the opposite problem (zips renamed to cbr)
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by kenjio.

Re: Conversion to CBZ 2 years 6 months ago #22392

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
kenjio wrote:
I use a smartlist set as

File Format - contains - RAR

and that should pull up anything that's not a cbz file (even rars renamed to cbz instead of cbr)

and

File - contains - cbr

for the opposite problem (zips renamed to cbr)

That will only get you rars. If you want to include everything that is not a zip (like pdf's or cb7's, for example), use a smart list like:

! "File Format" "contains" "zip"

fK

Re: Conversion to CBZ 2 years 6 months ago #22393

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
my bad, since I only have cbz and cbr (I hate pdf for comics, for some irrational reason :D )
good one, fK
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Who's Online

We have 206 guests and 1 member online
  • Crivil

PIM

You are not logged in.