Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: Post update list help

Post update list help 7 years 8 months ago #20713

• Gaudium
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I am trying to take advantage of the new feature in the latest update to only sync a limited number of comics at a time. I have a smart list, let's call it, "Forever Glove", and it has about 30 books in it. All of the books have the Forever Glove alternate series and they have a number in that alternate series. In CRW they display in the proper reading order for the series.

I have the list set to sync to my tablet and I have the limit to box checked. It correctly limits to 5 books at a time but it is not the 5 books that I want. I have the limit to set to Alternate Series, but it didn't give me Alternate Series 1,2,3,4,5. Instead I just got some seemingly random books.

Does anyone know what I messed up?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Post update list help 7 years 8 months ago #20715

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 683
Maybe there are multiple entries in the Alternate Series with different order ("Alternate1, Alternate2 etc.). This way you would get mixed up results when sorting.

Try to sort the list in the browser in CRW and look what the sequence is.

Re: Post update list help 7 years 8 months ago #20719

• Gaudium
  • Fresh Boarder
Your advice led to me noticing that in the CRW browser I had the list sorted by Alternate Number. When I switched to Alternate Series, that is exactly the order that the sync happened in. I suppose that leads me to request Alternate Number as on option for the limit to feature.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Post update list help 7 years 8 months ago #20720

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 683
I'll add this in the next version.

UPDATE:
On second thought I think it is a better solution to first sort by number, then by alternate series name.

And I think if this would not also be the better implementation for limit by series. Currently you get gat first all entries from series a, then series b and so on. If I sort first by number, then by title you would kind of get the series numbers interleaved what IMHO is the better result when limiting a list with multiple series.

Any thoughts?
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by cYo.

Re: Post update list help 7 years 8 months ago #20771

• Gaudium
  • Fresh Boarder
My opinion is that we should be able to get things the way we want them in the CRW browser, and have them sync up to be in the same order on CRA. Any method that can be accomplished, should be great.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Who's Online

We have 128 guests and one member online