Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: CBR metadata format?

CBR metadata format? 7 years 8 months ago #20842

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Hello,

I was wondering how I could add metadata to a comic book (CBR) for ComicRack to detect and understand? I read about this being a feature but could not find implementation details about it. I'd like to add series, number, volume, publishing date and writer to the library through this method. Pointers (not the software kind) are appreciated.

Thanks,

Deathspike
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CBR metadata format? 7 years 8 months ago #20844

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 582
Do you mean you want to write software that modifies series, number, etc, and you are wondering about ComicRack's programmatic API for that does this?

comicrack.cyolito.com/faqs/28-comicrack-scripts

Or do you mean you just want to know a way to add that information into your comics/library by using ComicRack directly?

sites.google.com/site/comicrackmanual/chapter-07-managing/info

and:

code.google.com/p/comic-vine-scraper/

Re: CBR metadata format? 7 years 8 months ago #20846

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Solved.

I was looking for the ComicInfo.xml information that can be embedded into a CBZ archive. Stonepaw helped me out answering questions regarding file naming and metadata. After enabling writing of Book information into the archive, a file such as this is generated after editing metadata (added information for everything I believe to be relevant for manga):
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ComicInfo xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <Series>Girl Friends</Series>
  <Number>1</Number>
  <Volume>1</Volume>
  <Year>2006</Year>
  <Month>7</Month>
  <Writer>Morinaga Milk</Writer>
  <Penciller>Morinaga Milk</Penciller>
  <Manga>Yes</Manga>
</ComicInfo>

Title was not available in this example, as the comic has no recognizable name. Writing is not required to be enabled if you add this to an archive prior to importing it into the library. This is something I required to programmatically add meta-information to comic archives.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Who's Online

We have 116 guests and one member online