Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Try to get help from other ComicRack users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crash to desktop on attempting to open CR

Crash to desktop on attempting to open CR 2 years 7 months ago #21157

• Belfaborac
  • Fresh Boarder
I've used an older version of CR for ages, but thought I'd update it a few days ago. However, after installing and attempting to open the program, all I get is:

To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
v4.0

I've already got .NET 4.0 and I've tried updating it (pointless, it's up to date), running repair on it and re-installing it. I've also re-installed CR twice, but to no avail. Same message every time.

I'm running Win 7 x64 Ultimate and the older version of CR is still working. It is installed under Program Files (x86) and on the "About" screen it reads...

V 0.9.99 64 bit

...even though it is installed in the 32 bit folder. It also does not show up in the list of programs in Control Panel under Uninstall.

I'm pretty much stumped as to what's going on at this point, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Crash to desktop on attempting to open CR 2 years 7 months ago #21264

• Belfaborac
  • Fresh Boarder
No takers then? That's a bit of a shame, as I was really tempted by the WiFi sync function in the paid Android app, but I guess I'll just give it a miss and just stick with the old version that works.

Re: Crash to desktop on attempting to open CR 2 years 7 months ago #21265

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 628
Try to uninstall the current version, download the FULL version and install this one. Make sure all security updates are installed.

Re: Crash to desktop on attempting to open CR 2 years 7 months ago #21270

• Belfaborac
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the advice! I did consider doing that, but considering the problems I had I'm a bit nervous about getting rid of the working version. I no longer have the old install file lying around and I really don't want to be left without a working program, seeing as CR is the only decent comic reader out there (for my purposes, at least).

Does the version I have conflict with the new version in any specific way that you know of?

Re: Crash to desktop on attempting to open CR 2 years 6 months ago #21917

• Belfaborac
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo wrote:
Try to uninstall the current version, download the FULL version and install this one. Make sure all security updates are installed.

Well, I took your advice on removing the old version of CR, as well as scrubbing the registry and re-installing NET 4.0. However, on installing the latest version of CR I get the same error again:

To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
v4.0

So just as I feared I've now got no working version of CR. I can't think of anything else to try, so any help would be appreciated.

Re: Crash to desktop on attempting to open CR 2 years 6 months ago #21928

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 628
Did the installer of .153 not try to install .NET for you?

Re: Crash to desktop on attempting to open CR 2 years 6 months ago #21934

• Belfaborac
  • Fresh Boarder
Nope, not that I noticed. At least there was no separate query regarding .NET installation during the install.

Re: Crash to desktop on attempting to open CR 2 years 6 months ago #21956

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 61
I remember getting this message too so I just went to The official Microsoft site and downloaded it. I think its a fuller instal then the one you get from automatic updates.

Also, there's a page on this site for Old CR versions: comicrack.cyolito.com/downloads/ComicRack/Old-Versions/

Re: Crash to desktop on attempting to open CR 2 years 6 months ago #21957

• Belfaborac
  • Fresh Boarder
I downloaded the full install too, just to be sure. I'm aware of the older versions, but I thought I'd see if there's a solution first. After all, I could work my way through all the previous versions and still find I'm left where I'm at right now.

Re: Crash to desktop on attempting to open CR 2 years 6 months ago #22002

• Belfaborac
  • Fresh Boarder
I guess I'll just give up on ComicRack. Can someone perhaps suggest another decent comic reader?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Who's Online

We have 233 guests online

PIM

You are not logged in.