Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack users

TOPIC: ComicRack on the Kindle Fire

ComicRack on the Kindle Fire 7 years 3 months ago #22518

• Just Bill
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I side-loaded the free version onto my Kindle Fire back in November and it has been running perfectly all this time so I finally decided to plunk down and purchase the full version. Since it isn't available on the Amazon store I had to buy it on my phone and side-load as before. Only problem is, now I'm failing a license check with the Android store? Has anyone successfully loaded the full version on a Kindle Fire? If so, help a brother out? Please, and thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ComicRack on the Kindle Fire 7 years 3 months ago #22520

• sykoone
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
If you want the full version on the fire, you'll need to root it. Without access to the android market from the fire, there's no way to get the license verification.

Re: ComicRack on the Kindle Fire 7 years 1 month ago #23269

• yorick
  • Fresh Boarder
I just did this same thing. I have been using the free comic rack for a month or so and liked it so much I bought the full version. I have a kindle fire as well and sided loaded it but now can't pass the license check. Were you ever able to get pass this? I suppose I could root my kindle but I'm not great at doing things like that and I'm afraid I will brick it.

Re: ComicRack on the Kindle Fire 7 years 1 month ago #23273

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 206
I read that you can do a Kindle Fire software update, to version 6.2.1, and then you would be able to browse Google’s Android Market/Play website. However, the problem then is the Google Market/Play may be difficult to get it to recognize the Kindle Fire device. Currently, I think there are only two guaranteed solutions to get your Kindle Fire to download apps proper from Google Market/Play.

1) Root your Kindle Fire which I believe only works when you have a OS version before 6.2.1 installed. After you root it, you'll be good to go for downloading ComicRack paid version to your Fire. Rooting devices are very simple now days and can be figured out by doing a few searches on the web for your particular device.

2) To get this to work without rooting, you'll also need another Android device that CAN access Google Market/Play. You install Frostwire (which is free and allows you to transfer files from one device to another) on the other Android device and on the Kindle Fire (because it is in the Amazon Android Store), then transfer apps from the other Android device to the Kindle Fire. Frostwire installs it in the correct place.

I don't have a Kindle Fire, though I've been considering getting one, so this is just based off of research that I've done. Therefore, don't hold me 100% to this, but I hope the info helps you all out a bit. :)
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by oraclexview.

Re: ComicRack on the Kindle Fire 7 years 1 month ago #23342

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I've had my Fire for a couple months and side loaded the CR free version (for obvious reasons) and it is freakin' amazing. Huge karma to cYo and everyone involved. I would love to support the development and purchase the full app, but I have no desire to root out my Fire.

Just want to pass my overdue thanks onto the group ;)

And for anyone debating on which "tablet" to use for your eComics, the Fire is under $200 and it does pretty well.

Thanks cYo!
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds

Who's Online

We have 163 guests and no members online